PDA

View Full Version : Attendance Book

deb24
11-02-2008, 10:16 PM
Do you have to have an attendance book isn't it just the same as logging the hours on your invoice.

deeb66
11-02-2008, 10:17 PM
No

Ofsted like to see an attendance register

Also make sure that the times you log are exact and not your contract hours

sarah707
11-02-2008, 10:20 PM
I have a very simple attendance register - one page per child for confidentiality - I keep a small clock on my shelf and write down times as the children walk through the door both ways. Parents are used to seeing me do it now and at the end of the month they sign it... there was some suggestion that it should be signed weekly, but until I see that in writing from Ofsted I will continue with monthly :D

ruby
12-02-2008, 04:18 PM
yes we use a attendance book we have a diary that we use

cathy and rachel

ma7ie
12-02-2008, 04:33 PM
I use the NCMA attendance register and I also write down in the child's daily dairy the time of arrival and departure.

Marie x

fionamal
12-02-2008, 04:36 PM
I use the SCMA attendance record but instead of parents signing it at end of each week was told by Care Commission that they want it signed every day at drop off and pick up.

wendywu
12-02-2008, 04:49 PM
I use the same two methods as ma7ie. But i get the parents to sign weekly and that is a task, i think they would riot if i asked them to do it daily:p

Spangles
12-02-2008, 08:03 PM
I've got an individual sheet for each child where I log in and out times every day they are here and the parent signs off weekly and then I've printed monthly calendars off the computer and written the times and names in the boxes for each day too so it can be seen either individually or altogether on the calendar.

Hope this is okay.

Twinkles
12-02-2008, 08:48 PM
I was just looking at the posts here and wondering ...if I had a seperate sheet for each child ( at moment I use NCMA register )I could get the parents to sign them in and out...maybe that would make them arrive and leave on time??

deeb66
12-02-2008, 08:49 PM
I was just looking at the posts here and wondering ...if I had a seperate sheet for each child ( at moment I use NCMA register )I could get the parents to sign them in and out...maybe that would make them arrive and leave on time??

And pigs might fly ;)

Cheeky Chops
12-02-2008, 08:53 PM
I use ncma register and my parents are ok about signing it, they don't really look at it! I was warned about recording actual hours on icp due to some bad stories about children from SS being abused and childminder not recording actual hours and they took her too court because at the time that it happened, baby should of been at childminders but was late and CM had recorded contract hours! so that scared me into doing it!! x

deeb66
12-02-2008, 08:58 PM
I use ncma register and my parents are ok about signing it, they don't really look at it! I was warned about recording actual hours on icp due to some bad stories about children from SS being abused and childminder not recording actual hours and they took her too court because at the time that it happened, baby should of been at childminders but was late and CM had recorded contract hours! so that scared me into doing it!! x

Ofsted EXPECT you to record the actual hours you have the children in your care. They do not want to see your contracted hours in your attendance register

Banana
13-02-2008, 11:20 AM
I have just started a new way of doing attendance records. I have bought a load of pocket diaries (24p each they were). Each child has there own one and I log their attendance times in and payments received for that week. Its working well so far and parents sign at the end of the month

Th NCMA register got on my nerves, to much fuss with it

x

miss muffit
13-02-2008, 01:59 PM
Hi Ofsted expect you to record the actual hours that the children are in your care... to be honest it will also protect you eg if a parent says her child hurt itself at a time and the parent says it was with you ...you then have proof if it was not do you see what i mean? k