PDA

View Full Version : So angry...I had to tell someone

julie w
13-05-2009, 12:45 PM
A lady phoned today and asked if I had a vacancy for her baby. I said I'd take her number and get back to her after I looked at my numbers and days etc. Before she went she said she had to tell me something . I asked what it was, and she said she was Asian, and would it be a problem. I said of course not, not in any way at all would it make a difference. She replied that she went to see another childminder yesterday that she'd called, and when the childminder opened the door she said she wouldn't have an Asian child and shut the door on her. I felt like crying. It's awful. I just had to get it off my chest...so angry.

son77
13-05-2009, 12:47 PM
No way! That is disgusting & its people like that that give us cm's a bad name. xx

Blackhorse
13-05-2009, 12:48 PM
I had to read this 3 times to make sure I read it correctly!!!

That is horrible. If I was the parent I would report the minder to Ofsted. That is shocking behaviour!!!!!!!!!!

I am sure she will be very happy to send her lo to you (if you have spaces)

Daddy Day Care
13-05-2009, 12:49 PM
Tell her to report the childminder for what she said, shes bang out of order.

I really hope you canlook after her child

gareth
xx

LittleMissSparkles
13-05-2009, 12:50 PM
omg that is terrible......:eek:

i would speak to her when you call back and maybe suggest she reports this to OFSTED this is disgusting behaviour form the cm, i hope youhave space for lo and everything works out of for the mum and her lo if you dont xxx

nemo97
13-05-2009, 12:51 PM
OMG she definately needs to inform ofsted. Thats disgraceful :angry:

FussyElmo
13-05-2009, 12:51 PM
When she comes to see you. Find out who she was and REPORT the :censored: . What an absolutely horrible disgusting thing to do to someone. She should be banned form childminding and yes feel that strongly about it.

Hope you can mind her child:)

Hebs
13-05-2009, 12:52 PM
:eek:

i'd be telling her to report her

shocking :angry:

Pipsqueak
13-05-2009, 12:53 PM
That is disgusting:angry: :eek:

I agree - either give the mother the information to be able to make a complaint for herself

huggableshelly
13-05-2009, 12:55 PM
unbelievable!

yep suggest the parent calls ofsted to report her for discrimination.

mandy moo
13-05-2009, 12:55 PM
OMG, surley she cant be registered a childminder!! :panic:
How awful for the Mum to hear something like that.
I hope you can help her out.. if not send her tome.. I could do with a LO :laughing:

Andrea08
13-05-2009, 12:56 PM
OMG :eek: try and find out who the cm was,,, is the parent telling the truth because i realy would not believe that of any one of us on the forum

if you can find out who the cm is and you dont know her help the parent to complain to ofsted but if you do know her try and ask her side of what happened,,,

remember there are two sides to everything and you dont know this parent but the cm could be a friend of yours and the mum had got it all wrong???

still very upsetting and i hope you have the space for the lo x x

Alibali
13-05-2009, 12:57 PM
Absolutey get this cm reported from someone, this is disgraceful!! I'm seething:angry: :angry:

michellethegooner
13-05-2009, 12:57 PM
omg, that is disgusting, that 'childminder' needs to be reported & struck off. what a disgusting thing to say even think. :angry: :angry: :angry:

nell57
13-05-2009, 12:58 PM
That is really awful, I'm not surprised you're angry and I agree about reporting them.

Hope you're ok and have calmed down, sending hugs

Minstrel
13-05-2009, 01:05 PM
That is awful- where did she get the CM number from?

georgie456
13-05-2009, 01:11 PM
Are you kidding???!!!! I am stunned :angry: :angry: :angry:

She needs reporting!!!

Lick'le Oakes
13-05-2009, 01:21 PM
I can't believe there are still people with that attitude, it is plain ignorant, rude, appalling etc etc.:angry:

nokidshere
13-05-2009, 01:29 PM
A lady phoned today and asked if I had a vacancy for her baby. I said I'd take her number and get back to her after I looked at my numbers and days etc. Before she went she said she had to tell me something . I asked what it was, and she said she was Asian, and would it be a problem. I said of course not, not in any way at all would it make a difference. She replied that she went to see another childminder yesterday that she'd called, and when the childminder opened the door she said she wouldn't have an Asian child and shut the door on her. I felt like crying. It's awful. I just had to get it off my chest...so angry.

To be honest I find it hard to believe that a registered childminder would put herself in this position. I can well believe that some have an initial meeting with a parent and then turn it down for reasons that lots of us would find unsavoury, but to openly say something so blatantly racist, knowing that the parent would/could report her, seems highly unlikely.

I would tread carefully before getting involved yourself. Give the parent the information to report the other minder but do not get involved on a personal level. Second hand information is not always reliable.

Toothfairy
13-05-2009, 04:02 PM
That is terrible! :eek: :eek: :angry: :angry:

Blue Boy
13-05-2009, 04:18 PM
Not very nice:( I agree that you should give the lady information on how she can make a complaint but dont get involved yourself. Were you able to help the lady?

Love
Mick xx

wendywu
13-05-2009, 04:24 PM
No i agree with nokidshere this does not ring true. No Ofsted registered CM would be stupid enough to say that and shut the door in some ones face.
It sounds too far fetched.

Take the little one on but stay out of any complaints.:panic:

HENNY
13-05-2009, 04:29 PM
She should report the childminder to OFSTED FOR racism :angry:

Mouse
13-05-2009, 04:45 PM
I agree with Nokidshere, it does seem a bit suspect. I cannot for one minute imagine that a Registered childminder would say that to a parent.
I do know of one cm who said she wouldn't ever look after non-white children, but she said in confidence to another cm (who reported her!). Even she wouldn't have been stupid enough to say it to a parent.

By all means give the mum info on how to complain, but other than that keep out of it.

Of course, if it does turn out to be true, the cm deserves to be struck off.

Buzz Lightyear
13-05-2009, 04:59 PM
Gosh, do people like that actually exist? I cannot believe a childminder would do that to a person! She should be reported!

TheBTeam
13-05-2009, 06:32 PM
To be honest I find it hard to believe that a registered childminder would put herself in this position. I can well believe that some have an initial meeting with a parent and then turn it down for reasons that lots of us would find unsavoury, but to openly say something so blatantly racist, knowing that the parent would/could report her, seems highly unlikely.

I would tread carefully before getting involved yourself. Give the parent the information to report the other minder but do not get involved on a personal level. Second hand information is not always reliable.

I agree, tread carefully, i would advise the lady that she can report to ofsted if and when she came to visit you and you can assess your own opinion of her.

jibberjitz
13-05-2009, 08:48 PM
OMG I am so shocked by that :eek: that CM definately needs reporting!!!

Blaze
18-05-2009, 08:02 PM
Any update on this?

Chatterbox Childcare
18-05-2009, 08:04 PM
I am sad here open mouthed and gobsmacked. Give mum the Ofsted complaint number and explain about the lady being unable to do this and ask her to report it.

flowerpots
18-05-2009, 08:24 PM
UTTERLY DISGRACEFUL, I CAN'T IMAGINE SOMEBODY WOULD MAKE THIS UP!:angry:

sonia ann
18-05-2009, 08:41 PM
I am completely lost for words, I really don't know what to say. If these facts are true and it really happened as you have been told then you must give this mum advice on what she can do. However ,see if you can find out more first....she may be an illegal childminder, the mother may have misunderstood her.....I don't know ...I am struggling to believe a registered childminder could say anything like that....I don't want to believe it but?????:( :( :(

samd35
18-05-2009, 08:43 PM
That is awful. Bang out of order. I'm shocked a childminder or anyone would behave like that.

x

pinklady
18-05-2009, 09:00 PM
I feel sick to think there are people out there like that :angry:

michellethegooner
18-05-2009, 10:02 PM
any update???

angeldelight
18-05-2009, 10:08 PM
Personally I would not get involved in other comments she has made about another childminder - you have no idea if this is true so you can not judge

I would treat her like a new parent in every way
I just can not imagine a childminder saying something like this at her door - if it is true I can not imagine a parent ignoring it either to be honest

I got told from a parent once that her previous childminder never fed her children and they had to sit just watching tv every day thats why she left
I then found out ages after that it was all lies and she had left owing the minder lots of money and was always turning up late

So I would never judge anyone till I had true facts

Hope it goes ok keep us updated

Angel xx

Monkey1
19-05-2009, 06:26 AM
:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: and:eek:

mandy moo
19-05-2009, 06:30 AM
Wise words from Angel,
The human race is a funny old thing and people do make up tales about others, Ive met some awful people in my shortish time here on earth, compulsive liars, the lot, simply because they didnt put their brain in gear before opening their mouth, or they dont know how to seperate fact from fiction, or just like causing trouble for others.
The mother of the child who caused the accident to my leg and foot, which resulted me being of the work for 11 weeks is alegedly going round telling people that I leave children in the car unattended!! I cant prove this tho, but I will make a call to the NCMA legal line and advise them.
Ofsted also know because they came round last week to see me re; the accident and too make sure I had all the neccassary risk assesments in place..

Minstrel
19-05-2009, 07:37 AM
Also if you decided not to take on this chils and parent for a particular reason (didnt gel etc) would the parent assume you had the same views as the other and you werent taken them on because of their race.

i hope its not true but i wouldnt get involved with the complaint x