PDA

View Full Version : sooo confused ...yet again

Rach30
11-02-2008, 10:07 PM
Just as i think i've got it....... i get all confused again :mad:

I have no trouble planning for children aged 3 and above and would use themes and topics to organise it a bit.

BUT what i can't grasp is planning for a 12 month old. I don't know why but it just doesn't click. I've got lots of lovely activity ideas from this site but what i want to know is would u use topics and themes ? or just have the general bttm areas as your themes ?

Actually i think its become clearer and that is what i'll do lol.:laughing: But still gonna post this so i can see what you all do. Bit panicy cos i've been minding for 6mnths but never done any written planning except for a few scribbled notes :blush: . thanks for letting me waffle lol

sarah707
11-02-2008, 10:38 PM
For under 3s plan to the birth to 3 stuff for now... until eyfs comes in.

If you are doing a theme with the other children, think how you can allow under 3s to experience that theme - look at birth to 3 and see where it fits in and how you can re-plan it so it is totally inclusive for every child.

Eg. if you are exploring water with over 3s, can you put baby in a shallow tray of water to feel the sensations? Or let baby use water on his high chair tray, with a drop of paint so he can move it with his fingers and watch the colours merge...

Things like that, so baby is included :D

sarah707
12-02-2008, 09:23 AM
I had some thoughts last night for someone else... I'll post them here...

IMPORTANT... don't make it too complicated!

J, aged 2, went to town at the weekend and visited a teddy bear shop... he brought his new teddy to show you, so you incorporated that in the weeks activities -

Draw / paint teddy (day 1); go shopping together and make up a care bag for teddy - brush, blanket, toothbrush etc and talk about caring for others (day 2); plan an outing to the park taking teddy - pack bag together, let child push trolley with teddy inside (day 3); sing teddy songs today... bear went over the mountain, teddy bear teddy bear turn around, round and round the garden (day 4); visit the library in search of teddy bear books and read them while you are there... borrow more for next week (day 5)...

Observe child - showing how he cares for animals and has a caring nature; how he enjoyed pushing trolley; pointed to letters and words in teddy book; how he packed bag; how he put teddy on the swing or cuddled him when he was 'tired' and started giving a personality to the teddy... all shows each area of birth to 3.

Evaluate by relating back to how delighted parents are to see you following child's interests and suggest next time you might include some messy play (maybe make teddy jelly moulds and let child deconstruct these in messy tray) and that's a week done! :D

jaz
19-02-2008, 01:13 PM
Sarah, you make it seem so easy :)

Thanks for those ideas to get me going as well.

J
x

Rubybubbles
19-02-2008, 01:30 PM
yes Sarah you do make it all sound easy:thumbsup: