PDA

View Full Version : AHHHHHHH!!! Can anyone help me please???

diz01
13-05-2009, 10:55 AM
Hi everyone can someone help me please.... just having a panick moment!!!!

I have just received my OFSTED certificate and started advertising and I have 2 emails on netmums enquiring about childminding. They are asking about references, what do I do about them? I know I am being stupid but I am from a iffoce background and people wrote off for references. I know that this wont happen here but what references will be acceptable?? Would I be able to ask my old work colleagues to write one up for me? will it need to be on letter headed paper and signed by them?

Also one lady is saying that she would need someone to have her daughter for 3 days a week. so this is another stupid question but do i charge this as part time or by the hour??? I haven't been linked to a childminder in my area yet so they can chat to me about this, the council have my details but know one has come yet and at the moment I don't have a car and all playgroups are too far away so i need some help!!!!

when they come round what do I talk about with them, obviously the child but can anyone just tell me the basics so i know not to miss anything out???. What sort of questions will they ask me?

Oh my god I am sooooo excited! Hubby said he will set himself up in the garage now so he doesn't have to cope with loads of kids ha ha ha ha ha

can anyone help me please?

sarahlou
13-05-2009, 11:01 AM
hi i would charge by the hour. U can ask their parents what they like to play with, eat any preferences on anything etc. It will be really easy once ur in the conversation. Write urself a list of what u want to know to get to know the child and the family, sometimes the parents have questions for u too. Don't worry:)

Blaze
13-05-2009, 11:02 AM
Hi everyone can someone help me please.... just having a panick moment!!!!

I have just received my OFSTED certificate and started advertising and I have 2 emails on netmums enquiring about childminding. They are asking about references, what do I do about them? I know I am being stupid but I am from a iffoce background and people wrote off for references. I know that this wont happen here but what references will be acceptable?? Would I be able to ask my old work colleagues to write one up for me? will it need to be on letter headed paper and signed by them?

Also one lady is saying that she would need someone to have her daughter for 3 days a week. so this is another stupid question but do i charge this as part time or by the hour??? I haven't been linked to a childminder in my area yet so they can chat to me about this, the council have my details but know one has come yet and at the moment I don't have a car and all playgroups are too far away so i need some help!!!!

when they come round what do I talk about with them, obviously the child but can anyone just tell me the basics so i know not to miss anything out???. What sort of questions will they ask me?

Oh my god I am sooooo excited! Hubby said he will set himself up in the garage now so he doesn't have to cope with loads of kids ha ha ha ha ha

can anyone help me please?

They would be looking for specific references from other parent's whose children you have looked after...as you don't have any yet...you could get people who know you well to give you a character reference of sorts...& yes it would need to be signed & look as professional as possible ie headed paper.

It's up to you how you charge...some people have a daily charge, other's charge by the hour. I persanally charge by the hour & class full time as five (almost full days) per week.

Why don't you have a look on ************* & see what other's in your area charge?

Hth:)

sarahlou
13-05-2009, 11:03 AM
Also forgot to say if u go on eyfs site there is a starting point pack which parents fill in about the child, I have found that usefull as u have something to talk about.:)

diz01
13-05-2009, 11:11 AM
Orrrrr thanks for your help ladies I will calm down in a min I will look at the pack now :-)

Zoomie
13-05-2009, 12:54 PM
I kept copies of my references that were submitted to Ofsted. Do you perhaps have your own copies ?

angeldelight
14-05-2009, 06:49 AM
Just wanted to say good luck with the parents

Angel xx

diz01
14-05-2009, 09:31 PM
No stupid me didn't ask for copies before they posted them as i had already left work when they sent them, never mind, thanks angel ... nothing has come from the emails now though so still waiting never mind eh it gives me time to m ake sure i have everything ready!