PDA

View Full Version : coloring pictures

elaineg
11-02-2008, 09:49 PM
There are some nice pictures on this site to colour in and print out.

http://www.coloring.com

love Elaine XXX

deeb66
11-02-2008, 09:51 PM
Great site

Thanks Elaine

sarah707
11-02-2008, 10:29 PM
Yes there are some nice ones there, thanks Elaine!

It's always worth remembering, if you're searching for colouring sheets on Google or elsewhere, to put in 'colouring' then 'coloring' as the second one brings up all the American sites. :D

Mollymop
12-02-2008, 05:43 PM
Thanks for the great link.

I remember on our ICp course we all had to bring something multicultrial in, so I bought in some colouring pictures and I was told by the tutor that colouring in pictures can be bad for children, because it can make them feel that they are not doing a worthy job as you are mean't to stay in the lines and most young hildren can't do that...it's best to give them paper and colours so thay can do their own thing. I felt a bit annoyed.

Theres nothing wrong with me and i grew up with colouring books.
Don't understand. What ever will they come up with next?

miffy
17-02-2008, 08:50 AM

I remember on our ICp course we all had to bring something multicultrial in, so I bought in some colouring pictures and I was told by the tutor that colouring in pictures can be bad for children, because it can make them feel that they are not doing a worthy job as you are mean't to stay in the lines and most young hildren can't do that...it's best to give them paper and colours so thay can do their own thing. I felt a bit annoyed.

I think that's really sad as I loved colouring books as a child!

Great site though Elaine and I will be using it

Miffy xx

crazybones
17-02-2008, 09:18 AM

That is silly. I gave my 2 year old William some Thomas printouts to colour the other day and yes fair enough he didnt stay within the lines obviously but he actually chose the right colour crayon for the particular train he was coloring and named them as he was doing it. I was really impressed and so was he because he carried picture round for an hour and then showed it to his dad when he came home. So he obviously felt worthy enough!

Annie x

sarah707
17-02-2008, 09:42 AM
World's gone mad! :panic:

LittleMissSparkles
17-02-2008, 09:53 AM
thank you :) xxx