View Full Version : Advice needed

11-02-2008, 09:36 PM
Hi i have a mum coming to see me tomorrow to look after her daughter during school holidays only, She is 11 years old so wont affect my numbers. Do i still need to draw up a temporary contract and get her to sign all permission forms ect, also would you take a deposit from her?? will i need to keep records still even though she over 8?

11-02-2008, 09:39 PM

I would do everything in the same way for any age. All the paper work is there as much for your safety etc as it is for the families, better to be safe than sorry


11-02-2008, 09:40 PM
Yes...most definately

I would always work with a contract and all the other forms involved.

11-02-2008, 10:13 PM
You might also think about a behaviour agreement between you and the child - believe me, however compliant they appear to be when parents are there, they can turn into little monkeys later!

Think about length of time on computer etc and both rewards and sanctions and get child to think about these as well, so she takes ownership of the agreement :D

12-02-2008, 02:35 PM
its better to be safe than sorry so yes i would do temp contract etc xxx

12-02-2008, 02:41 PM
Good luck XX