PDA

View Full Version : herts CM's in here asap please

huggableshelly
12-05-2009, 08:13 PM
I've just got back from the cm meeting at the windmill childrens centre

tomorrows training at wordshapers 7-9 for indoor and outdoor play still has places so if anony wants to attend please call and book first thing tomorrow

tel number is 01442269804

it is a £10 fee thingy

OK so the YIH states there is a waiting list ........

the reason is that the YIH training site only has 5 places you can book online due to the fact that most cm's are booking at their childrens centre so basically ignore the waiting list thingy and call the local CC, you can pay at your local or direct to the one running the course.

If anyone is booked onto Potential Learning on 30th June you will need to sit back for a while as there has been a mix up ... 30th june is actually safeguarding children BUT the CC are working on the issue and hopefully will get the right course organised asap. The CC will be emailing me so I'll be bk with an update on that.

training is an issue in Herts as we have more cm's than any other county ..... for every course with only 20 booking spaces there are 60 of us trying to get on it (numbers not accurate but used as an example).

Funding for special needs and diversity toys is not available for Herts cm's again due to being so many but Galleyhill CC have a lend and borrow service that also includes large outdoor equipment too.

ummm i think thats it ...... I'll repost this on a new thread too hoping to catch the Herts cm's asap

TheBTeam
12-05-2009, 08:29 PM
Thanks huggableshelly, can't make tomorrow night, husband has a date with cubs, but would like to attend the next forum meeting and if we can find out from Sally and Rickysmiths when it is maybe we could car share and go together, I am sure between the two of us we can speak up for ourselves!

Playmate
12-05-2009, 08:34 PM
Interesting information, I think will have to rename you special agent :laughing: Of course that is fine as long as the CC's in every area co operate and offer training, I do know a few who are'nt. Wish I lived closer to Hemel so I could come and borrow some equipment. Our local CC's certainly haven't got anything like this sorted.

Playmate
12-05-2009, 08:38 PM
Thanks huggableshelly, can't make tomorrow night, husband has a date with cubs, but would like to attend the next forum meeting and if we can find out from Sally and Rickysmiths when it is maybe we could car share and go together, I am sure between the two of us we can speak up for ourselves!

Next meeting is 24th June (I think) You will need to contact Elaine Rothenbrough to let her know you would like to be a representative. It will be good to see you both there!

TheBTeam
12-05-2009, 09:14 PM
Hi, Sally I saw this after i pm'd you, do you have contact details for her at all,thanks

huggableshelly
12-05-2009, 09:29 PM
its on this form BT

http://www.hertsdirect.org/infobase/...ore/ncma08.pdf