PDA

View Full Version : Bank accounts??

casey's mum
11-02-2008, 09:03 PM
I was told by another childminder that I should have my fees and payment paid into an account solely in my name for tax purposes. Am a little concerned as have all my fees paid into a joint account but is solely for my incoming and outgoings..

Any ideas as I am a little worried now :(

littlesprogs
11-02-2008, 09:05 PM
i have just replied to this in the other thread you asked in lol.

As long as you know your incomings and outgoings it doesnt matter at all.

Just keep up to date with your accounts and you should be fine.

casey's mum
11-02-2008, 09:10 PM
Oh sorry :blush: was advised to ask here so did...my only excuse is being new!

Thanks though

xx

deeb66
11-02-2008, 09:12 PM
Oh sorry :blush: was advised to ask here so did...my only excuse is being new!

Thanks though

xx

Not your fault Angela....it's mine

It was me who suggested and Littlesprogs replied on the other thread at same time :D

littlesprogs
11-02-2008, 09:12 PM
Its no problem at all.

I know how difficult it is to keep up with posts! even harder when your new!

Anything else just ask.

Louise x

deeb66
11-02-2008, 09:13 PM
Its no problem at all.

I know how difficult it is to keep up with posts! even harder when your new!

Anything else just ask.

Louise x

I struggle to keep up with them and I have been using this forum for nearly a year :D

berkschick
11-02-2008, 09:15 PM
All mine goes into our joint account.

As long as you can account for it and keep a track of it all then thats fine.

littlesprogs
11-02-2008, 09:16 PM
I struggle to keep up with them and I have been using this forum for nearly a year :D

the only reason i keep up is because i dont work at the minute so have plenty of spare time.

I dont want to start work now i want hubby to keep supporting me haha. dont think he'd like that idea though ;)

deeb66
11-02-2008, 09:20 PM
the only reason i keep up is because i dont work at the minute so have plenty of spare time.

in that case then...........can you come and do my paperwork for me? ;) :laughing: :laughing:

littlesprogs
11-02-2008, 09:22 PM
in that case then...........can you come and do my paperwork for me? ;) :laughing: :laughing:

I dont know if i'd be able to do it up to your standards. Outstanding is hard to get especially with me being a newbie to childminding. You'd probably regret asking me to do it in the end haha

deeb66
11-02-2008, 09:25 PM
I dont know if i'd be able to do it up to your standards. Outstanding is hard to get especially with me being a newbie to childminding. You'd probably regret asking me to do it in the end haha

Trust me....I would appreciate any help at the moment......and if you did it for me then at least you would be getting good experience ;) :laughing: :laughing:

littlesprogs
11-02-2008, 09:27 PM
Trust me....I would appreciate any help at the moment......and if you did it for me then at least you would be getting good experience ;) :laughing: :laughing:

I'd love to do it for you. It's really boring at home with nothing to do all day. But unfortunately i dont drive and surrey is quite far from me. Sorry dee. It was a good try though :p

deeb66
11-02-2008, 09:30 PM
I'd love to do it for you. It's really boring at home with nothing to do all day. But unfortunately i dont drive and surrey is quite far from me. Sorry dee. It was a good try though :p

You can't blame me for trying ;) :rolleyes: :D

casey's mum
11-02-2008, 09:31 PM
I love this site! I am soo amazed how friendly everyone is!! It seems most cm's in my area are afraid to give advice....dont know why cause there plenty of work to go around!!! Not enough of us if anything!!

Thanks deeb66 and littlesprogs you have been fab!!!

Angela xx

littlesprogs
11-02-2008, 09:36 PM
I love this site! I am soo amazed how friendly everyone is!! It seems most cm's in my area are afraid to give advice....dont know why cause there plenty of work to go around!!! Not enough of us if anything!!

Angela xx

Happy to help.

Dee no i definately dont blame you i will probably try the same thing once i am working. I dont think i'll be working till september though so i have plenty of time to get ready for eyfs and then i might need alot of help!!

deeb66
11-02-2008, 09:37 PM

Angela xx

I am glad that you are enjoying this site.

yes we are a really friendly lot and spend loads of time on here gassing and joking around with each other.

I have never met any of these ladies yet I feel that I have made friends for life and know that they are always here for me......as I am sure a lot of other members feel too.

Probably the reason minders don't like sharing information in your area is because they are afraid of competition.....which is very sad.....after all we are all doing the same job so why shouldn't we help and support each other.

casey's mum
11-02-2008, 09:43 PM
I am glad that you are enjoying this site.

yes we are a really friendly lot and spend loads of time on here gassing and joking around with each other.

I have never met any of these ladies yet I feel that I have made friends for life and know that they are always here for me......as I am sure a lot of other members feel too.

Probably the reason minders don't like sharing information in your area is because they are afraid of competition.....which is very sad.....after all we are all doing the same job so why shouldn't we help and support each other.

It is very sad I feel we should all help each other...a very lonely existance otherwise!!!

sarah707
11-02-2008, 10:15 PM
It is very sad I feel we should all help each other...a very lonely existance otherwise!!!

I'm never lonely! I just log on here ! :D

manjay
11-02-2008, 10:51 PM
I'm never lonely! I just log on here ! :D

Me too! I get very engrossed and usually only look up when one of my children are shouting "Mummy are you listening?"

With regards to money you can pay it into whichever account you want as long as your accounts are correct for the tax man. Having said that money in our joint account is to share so my minding money goes in my own account!!!!

amanda xx

tulip0803
12-02-2008, 12:39 AM
Also I always used to make sure that if I got paid cash I paid it into the bank, even if I then walked to the cash point to withdraw it again. That way the bank can see exactly what you have coming and going and I did not need to show my accounts when I went to get another mortgage (my own bank) They were happy with my bank statements.

Julia XX