PDA

View Full Version : first family coming on Friday - PANIC!!!

misst104
12-05-2009, 06:34 PM
I have just received a phone call from a lady who has been interested in using a childminder for care of her 2 lo's from September. Its just 1 day but for 2 of them from 8.00 to 5.00 so would be o.k.

I'm now in a bit of a panic thinking about what I need to have ready!! I have read a lot of other threads so have a good idea but its now a bit more real :panic: :panic: :panic:

Am worried that I will stuff up :o

Also worried that my lo will play up as it would be just typical!!! :rolleyes: His older brother will not be here as he is going on a playdate but in a way that is worse as he is the better behaved one :laughing:

PANIC PANIC PANIC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

(will calm myself down in a minute I'm sure :D

xxx Jo

Adiamond
12-05-2009, 06:37 PM
Don't know the answer Jo but just wanted to say GOOD LUCK I am sure you will be just fine :) x x x

Miriam
12-05-2009, 07:30 PM
I had my first enquiry come to visit yesterday. It was quite scary and I dont know yet whether she is going to use me. I really hope she does as the children were lovely - it would be 4/5 days a week with her little one and 2 days a week with her two year old, so it would be great!!

My best advice (not that I am really qualified to offer it) is just to be yourself and try to relax. I dont think I was as relaxed as I should have been, and I am not sure that I played with the children enough. But it is quite hard as I tried to play with the children and talk to Mum at the same time and the little girl was very chatty and wanted to get lots of toys out so it was a little bit manic!

Also, I think I had too many things out for the little girl to play with, as she just kept going from one thing to another in the two rooms that I had laid things out in. So it was difficult to play with her and talk - but I wanted to demonstrate that I had lots for her to do!!

Anyway good luck with it!! I really hope it works out for you, let us know how you get on! :)

Demonjill
12-05-2009, 09:13 PM
Good luck Jo.

You will be fine im sure. Just be yourself :thumbsup:

misst104
13-05-2009, 07:36 AM
Couldn't sleep last night as I was worrying about what I need to do, ask, get out, put away etc, etc, etc :laughing:

xxx Jo

angeldelight
13-05-2009, 08:25 AM
Couldn't sleep last night as I was worrying about what I need to do, ask, get out, put away etc, etc, etc :laughing:

xxx Jo

Stay calm Jo

I am sure you will be ok - remember the parent is more than likely nervous too

Just be yourself relax and ask them lots of questions it will show you are interested and it will leave you to find out about them you might then feel more confident once they start chatting and find the conversation just flows

Do not worry if your little one plays up - their children might not be angels yet

Relax

Good luck

Angel xx

mozarella
13-05-2009, 03:10 PM
good luck for friday, I have my first visit tomorrow so I know where you come from !!

Remember that the family will probably be as anxious as you finding childcare for their LO.

You will do well I am sure, most of it will be how you get on with her, if you like her and she likes you then everything will be fine.

Good luck

emler
13-05-2009, 03:43 PM
Just wanted to say good luck - I'm sure you'll be fine :thumbsup:

Buzz Lightyear
13-05-2009, 05:03 PM
Some good advice there Jo, honestly dont worry, you will be fine :thumbsup:

If you need me to have O for a bit on Friday, just shout. I don't have R in the morning, just L and DD so I could take them to the park if you like??

Daddy Day Care
13-05-2009, 05:16 PM
Im sure you will be fine, good luck :)

Tatjana
13-05-2009, 08:08 PM
Bet you'll be just fine!

Good luck:thumbsup:

xx

Toothfairy
14-05-2009, 08:50 AM
I sure you will be fine, DON'T PANIC! :thumbsup:

Ripeberry
14-05-2009, 09:17 AM
Good Luck:thumbsup:

jibberjitz
14-05-2009, 09:50 AM
I'm sure you will be fine :) Did you get my email last night?

angeldelight
18-05-2009, 06:38 AM
How did it go Jo?

Angel xx