PDA

View Full Version : collected at 7.25pm

sar
11-02-2008, 08:20 PM
Im ****** mad sorry all i have had a few problems with this mum her son is 2.5 old well he got dropped off today at 8.00 am and normally gets collected at 6.00 pm well at 6 .30 i rang there mobile and nothing at 7.25 thay turn up saying thay had to go to the police station and wouldnt say why i said why didnt you ring me and thay said thay didnt think what am i to do

Banana
11-02-2008, 08:24 PM
They should still have notified you!!!

I am sure they would have been given ther opportunity to so so.

I would not have been happy and I would also make sure you charge them 2 hours extra at double time.

I woul dbe mad at this. You arent to know what is going on - and isnt it after an hour of hearing nothing we are supposed to report to social services if a child isnt collected?

x

deeb66
11-02-2008, 08:29 PM
For a start make sure that you bill them for the extra time and a late collection fee.

I would have a word with these parents and explain that you don't need to hear their problems or personal business but you do need to know when they are going to be late

Explain that you were worried and that they should have contacted you and that next time they are to call you!

Have you got a late collection policy?

I have and in my policy it states that if they are 30 mins late and I have not heard from them then I will call other emergency contact numbers and have them collect the child.

deeb66
11-02-2008, 08:31 PM
Have a look at the Dropping Off & Collection Policy on the Bromley Website

Link to site is

http://www.bromleycma.org.uk/policies/policies_and_procedures.html

avril
11-02-2008, 08:34 PM
The poor child, didn't the parents think of him/her?
I agree definately charge for the extra time at double time. Hopefully this will make the parents think twice in the future.

Avril

sarah707
11-02-2008, 10:10 PM
Poor child! And poor you!

Even if they had been arrested, they would have got a phone call... they should have used this to alert you. That was totally unacceptable of them and you should tell them that next time you see them.

On the child's paperwork, you hsould have some emergency contacts... before you ring social services, you need to try them - next time, do it quicker! It is not your responsibility to have a child for that length of time without hearing from parents

Rubybubbles
11-02-2008, 10:11 PM
good grief!

I would of phoned the emergancy contact too! Good point about ss though, I would also log it down as a complaint in my book this is unacpetable behaviour, how can you forget about a child:angry:

jmoff
12-02-2008, 01:31 PM
can't believe they didn't get in touch!

I had the same problem, a parent turned up 2 hours late so I made it clear that I wasn't happy and charged her for the overtime.
She hasn't done it since.

Hopefully you will be able to sort it out!

Jana x

LittleMissSparkles
12-02-2008, 01:36 PM
I'd bill them at the extra time at double time and add late collection feeas well.

You should have contacted social services and I would point that out to them that if it happens again you will, make sure you document everything down for future reference. I cant believe they never thought to phone you or their child, its bloomin disgusting

did you have any emergency contacts to phone ! I wouldnt have been happy with their explanation either

xxx

I would have been F'ing mad as well !

Mollymop
12-02-2008, 05:34 PM
What a long time, that is shocking!

Have you heard back from the parents, is everything ok, or are you still none the wiser to it all?

There is no excuse on earth for them not to let you know that they were going to be and hour and half late.

Cheeky Chops
12-02-2008, 07:29 PM
Im really shocked at this, I would flip out if this had happened to me!!! gosh!!

hope you have it sorted x x