PDA

View Full Version : food helllllllpppppp

estrelas
12-05-2009, 01:37 PM
i have never been much good!

Love cooking curries, bolognase,

But other than that i am ....

I feed my mindees proper meals, and i am loosing the will too live:panic:

When i used a cm i liked the idea of my daughter having proper food as by the time i got to her she was too tired to eat.

I'm sick of thinking about meal times:panic: ,sick of trying to cook

can someone please give me any idea what i can do?
Shall i have a rolling menu,this monday, this tuesday etc?
They all love fruit so deserts easy ?

What easy,easy easy meals can i do? Thats not gonna take hours to cook and they will like?
They make their own wraps once a week and they love this ...

sparkibobs
12-05-2009, 01:45 PM
Hi.
Mine love homemade soups. Veg and especially tomato and lentil.
Pasta in cheese sauce with chicken or ham.
Homemade wedges, very easy.
Fish pie, shepherds pie.
And now the weather is warmer they like picky lunches, cooked sausages,ham, cheese, cherry tomatoes, cucumber, carrots, homous. None of mine are great lovers of bread but they love soft rolls with cheese spread. I don't have a set menu but make sure they get a balanced diet. They love rice pudding warm or cold with jam or sultanas in.
Hope this helps, no doubt there'll be a lot more replies to keep you going.
x

Blackhorse
12-05-2009, 01:48 PM
I feel the same sometimes about feeding my DD (I am not minding yet as nobody phoned me yet...)

I think thought that it doesn't always have to be something fancy...
but can still be freshly cooked and tasty

pasta with mixed veg and cheese sauce
chicken is quick to make....some potatoes, veg
omlettes....with all kinds of stuff in them
baked potato with fillings
soup and bread
if you make more for your family at the weekend you can use for monday or freeze some maybe?
pasta salads we all love too!
my dd loves rice with mixed veg and tomato (I make rice, veg and tinned tomato mix..you can add some sausage to it if you like)
mahed potato with philadelphia and peas...serve with meat or fish or just on its own

also I do loads of stuff in my slowcooker. (it has 4 settings. one for porridge, one for steaming, one for rice cooking and the slowcooker part.)
I sometimes make a slowcooker meal in the evening have the slowcooke on over night and lunch is ready without having to do anything

desert: I love fruit so that is an easy one.
take a pot of yoghurt and pour over fruit..maybe add some honey. lovely
Rice pudding (I have a good recipe from Nigella Lawson) It takes 5 mins - if even- to prepare then 2 hours or so in the oven..where I don't have to do anything. You can put some fruit through rice pudding too

hope this helps a bit

melanieabigail2004
12-05-2009, 02:05 PM
As far as hot meals are concerned I have a 4 week rolling menu and I know where I am with it. I have several children with food allergies and I need to be sure that they are getting correct food etc. By having a rolling menu it takes the stress out of having to think about what you are going to cook :)

Mel

katickles
12-05-2009, 02:18 PM
I don't do a rolling menu as I like to cook depending on weather & fridge contents:D

I do make the same kind of things though but also experiment!!:eek:

There was a thread on here just the other day wanting ideas for meals that could be cooked but also frozen to take the time & pressure off, maybe worth searching for as there were a few ideas. Also check the recipie area at the top of the forum :)

Lincsminder
12-05-2009, 05:22 PM
I plan a menu with the kids help, usually for two weeks, we have our favorites but also look through the cook books for inspiration. That way they all get something they like and it takes the stress out of deciding whats for tea. More importantly it keeps my food bill down because I only buy what I need and nothing goes to waste.