PDA

View Full Version : Any advice please

Lick'le Oakes
12-05-2009, 08:56 AM
Hi last week a lady phoned me about childcare, came to see me with her daughter, liked what i had to offer, signed all contracts, permission slips etc and she started yesyterday. Brillent.

The problem is after she signed everything i asked where her daughter had been going she told me the childminders name and then carried on telling me all the things she didn't like about her and her service. She took the girl out immediately although she did pay the 4 weeks notice and any outstanding money.

The childminder in question i have just started to meet up with along with a couple of other childminders once a week. This has been difficult as she in particular hasn't been that welcoming, she rolls her eyes if i suggest something etc.

Yesterday when i picked the girl up from nursery for the first time this particular childminder was there in her car i waved to acknowledge her and smiled but she responded with a dirty look. Not quite a blank but i think that would have been easier. I want to get in touch with her and explain that i didn't poach this girl or even know she was the childminder untill everything was signed but i am scared of her reaction, i'm not the bravest of people. Also it is her turn this week to host us all at her house so now i'm stuck do i go or not. I have been told she picks another child up from the same nursery on a thursday and Friday so avoiding her isn't the answer either.

I am sure she is going to think bad of me, judge me and not understand that i didn't poach her.

estrelas
12-05-2009, 09:05 AM
i had this with my 8 year old, her mum hates my cm who lives next door.
She used to go there and there was alot of probs.
I just spoke to the cm and told her i was having her ( different to yours tho as they had ended contract a few months ago).

If i was you i'd call her and chat ( she is being childish tho giving you bad looks, i mean how old is she?? ) if shes still funny at least you tried! I think alot of this must go on, people will like someone and not another.

Don't let it worry you xx

angeldelight
12-05-2009, 10:43 AM
I am all for being honest but think I would just act dumb with this one ha ha

Why should you worry about it you have done nothing really - not your fault at all and to give you a dirty look well ................

If she has a problem then let her ask you about it then say in a sweet voice " Oh sorry I did not realise that you used to be her childminder "

What you are told by the parent is in confidence anyway so yep I would act dumb ha ha

Good luck , do not let this person get to you just enjoy your job

Angel xx

wendywu
12-05-2009, 11:06 AM
The other CM must know that the mindee has to go somewhere.

To be honest even if you did know at the interview who the ex CM was that is no reason not to take her. As the mother had already given notice.

As you correctly state you did not poach her. So as Sarah says carry on as nothing has happened.:)

Tatjana
12-05-2009, 02:27 PM
You shouldn't have to explain anything to her, she lost the mindee on her own accord nothing to do with you...please try not to worry about it.:)

xx

melanieabigail2004
12-05-2009, 02:29 PM
Play dumb and if she has an issue let her bring it to you.

Mel

huggableshelly
12-05-2009, 03:00 PM
i would definatly play dumb!

slightly different situation ....

i look after a mindee who's mum had been to see another cm, agreed to go again to sign contracts but chose not to call the cm to say she had made a decission! i went to the cm get together and the cm said ... oh thats why the parent didnt come back to me as you have her child now!i just laughed it off but honestly didnt know she was waiting to sign contracts

Mouse
12-05-2009, 03:09 PM
What I'd like to do (but wouldn't have the nerve!) would be go along to the meeting at the other cm's house, talk about how your new child used to go to another cm, but you don't know who. Then say how unhappy the mum was & how awful she thought the cm was :laughing:

Daddy Day Care
12-05-2009, 03:11 PM
What I'd like to do (but wouldn't have the nerve!) would be go along to the meeting at the other cm's house, talk about how your new child used to go to another cm, but you don't know who. Then say how unhappy the mum was & how awful she thought the cm was :laughing:

ooo evil but I do like it

Lick'le Oakes
12-05-2009, 05:49 PM

Wished i was that brave , think i am going to play dumb seems like the easiest option:blush:

Gizmo
12-05-2009, 05:56 PM
Think I would play dumb as well, but dont let her keep going with the dirty looks I would have to question that :panic:

georgie456
12-05-2009, 06:09 PM
I agree with everyone else - it's her tough luck the child is not with her anymore and certainly not your problem!!!

I must say she sounds just delightful! - rolling her eyes, giving dirty looks - I can't imagine why the child was removed from her!!!

mumof1
12-05-2009, 06:33 PM
If i were you i would just blank her, it will be know loss to you if she never speaks to you. She is the one with the problem, not you.

Saranotts
12-05-2009, 07:12 PM
I agree its not your fault and she shouldn't be funny with you but do beware as you have only heard one side of the story.

Another thought though is, will the mum minding you going to this CM's house if she was so unhappy with her?

Sara

Lick'le Oakes
12-05-2009, 08:33 PM
I agree its not your fault and she shouldn't be funny with you but do beware as you have only heard one side of the story.

Another thought though is, will the mum minding you going to this CM's house if she was so unhappy with her?

Sara

good point although i have the girl in the afternoon and the get together is in the morning.

angeldelight
13-05-2009, 06:44 AM
good point although i have the girl in the afternoon and the get together is in the morning.

Have you decided to ignore her

Angel xx

angeldelight
13-05-2009, 06:44 AM
. So as Sarah says carry on as nothing has happened.:)

FIrst time I have ever been called Sarah

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Angel xx

Lick'le Oakes
13-05-2009, 01:43 PM
Well thank you all for the great advice i decided to play dumb which wasn't hard as when i saw her today i was so nervous not alot came out of my mouth anyway. Well shae said everything was all right and no hard feelings so hopefully i can get on enjoying the child now. We made a kite today and been flying it outside, had a lovely afternoon.

Toothfairy
13-05-2009, 04:38 PM
Glad it all went ok for you. :thumbsup: