PDA

View Full Version : CRB's checks - they like to do it twice!!!

Miriam
11-05-2009, 09:54 PM
I called the CRB people today as I had an outstanding Crb which has been going on since early March as I originally planned on doing some nursery nursing while I waited to get all my pre-reg done. Anyway, they have had the application since then and when I phoned on Friday to complain they said call back today as then it would be over sixty days!

So I called and yes the very nice lady said she would get something done about it and she did! I checked again this afternoon and it is being printed which is great as I can do some nursery nursing (although the money for that is terrible and won't keep the wolf from the door!!!).

But then I asked if they could do anything about my Ofsted one - as ALL OF THE DETAILS ARE EXACTLY THE SAME!!!! So couldnt they cross reference them as I am obvioulsy EXACTLY THE SAME PERSON!!! and that I had the other reference number and that would sort out my ofsted one as well (I know I would still have to wait for my husbands) but she said no they couldnt do that!!! :angry: I then said that basically then the police are checking me twice (which is fine its just the amount of time it takes) and that they are doing the same job twice when they could be doing something more useful!!! It just seems such a stupid system :angry: :angry:

Anyway she pretty much agreed and just siad cos they get so many applications every week they cant spend time checking if people have more than one application!! I can see her point but I just think it is daft for the police to have to check the SAME person within such a short space of time!!!

Oh well, will carry on waiting and rant over......

Sorry.....

Will be a happier bunny tomorrow - will try not to look at the CRB tracking system as it only gets me cross :mad:

Blackhorse
11-05-2009, 09:58 PM
it seems odd to me that in times of computers they could not write a little code into the programm to flag up names that pop up twice and are living at the same adress????

Efficiency is I guess not a word that has anything to do with pre-registration processes!!

Miriam
11-05-2009, 10:02 PM
Thank goodness you agree with me I am beginning to think I am the unreasonable one!!! I know that patience is a virtue but sometimes I think we all need the patience of saints!

I was telling my hubbie about the system and bless her my 8 year old daughter even said how stupid it sounded to her!! She also said "But Mummy you are not a criminal - you are my mummy and you take me to school every day!!!" - just thought that was so sweet!!

Oh well back to the waiting :clapping:

Zoomie
12-05-2009, 12:32 AM
Hiya

The thing with the CRB is it is only ''valid'' on the day it was printed. Any bad stuff that happens subsequently obviously wont appear on the report, which is why they can't not check on subsequent applications.

However, I do believe that subsequent applications seem to process a little bit quicker, so hopefully your Ofsted one will be through much much quicker.

Fingers crossed, anyhows

xx

Adiamond
12-05-2009, 06:34 AM
Hi,both myself and my husband have enhanced crb's for our current jobs which are less than a year old,I too was told that having already had one would speed this one up!!!! I have waited 7 weeks up to now and crb told me that they treat every new application as a new one and they cannot cross reference them grrrrrr :angry:
It seems like such a waste of time and money if you ask me,I really hope I never have to have another one!!!! x x x

fucshia
12-05-2009, 08:44 AM
I already had two crb checks. I had one done last summer as i help in the local church sunday school, i had another last september as i am a voluntary worker in a local school. But I still had to wait over 60 days for my police check to childmind, which has just come through. All for the same local authority too, it does seem mad. A lot of time must be wasted doing these!