PDA

View Full Version : How many ... what to do?

Kat
11-05-2009, 09:36 PM
Hi,
I was thinking to extend my number of chidren by having an assistant but... I do my childminding from 2 bed flat (1 bedroom + single small bedroom) I have reg for 2 kids under 5 as my son is 2 and 1 over 5 so for 3 kids ... if I would hire assistant is there a chance I would be able to have one more kid under 5?Did any of you had the same situation?

Pauline
12-05-2009, 01:21 PM
You would be best working out the child/space ratio as they might not let you have more children if you don't have the space.

You can find the ratio here:

http://www.childmindinghelp.co.uk/childspaceratio.html

Hope that helps :)

RainbowMum
12-05-2009, 01:28 PM
Would one child's fee's pay the wages of the assistant though? Cant see it being worth it?

Kat
14-05-2009, 06:56 AM
I checked with size of my flat and looks like I wouldnt be able to fit more :(

Thank you

Daftbat
14-05-2009, 07:21 AM
Would one child's fee's pay the wages of the assistant though? Cant see it being worth it?

I agree - you need to see if its financially viable.

Kat
16-06-2010, 08:42 AM
Hi,

I come back to the same subject ...

I need to extand number of children for few hours each day... I will have Early years advisir coming to me today and wondering what she will say...

If I wont be able to get variation or assistant i need to cut one of my contacts ... any other ideas?

:eek: :idea:

kindredspirits
16-06-2010, 09:20 AM
I don't think they are very flexible on the size thing - its the minimum size space that it is fair to expect a child to have iykwim.