PDA

View Full Version : Registered Childminder - Job description from SCMA

Blackhorse
11-05-2009, 09:17 PM
Job Title: Registered Childminder
Location: Childminder's own home which should be safe, warm and child-centred at all times while children are in his/her care, allowing opportunities for outdoor experiences.
Hours: Flexible, worked to meet the needs of working/studying parents.
Role: Being aware of the committment required to deliver a reliable quaility service working within the framework of current legislation. Promoting childminding as quality child care equal to other provisions.

Responsibilities:

Making a commitment to childminding and the children in your care, including the continuity of care
Keeping within the requirements of your registration certificate
Providing for the health, safety and happiness of the children in your care
Treating each child as an individual
Sharing with parents in the care and education of their children, keeping confidences about circumstances concerning the life of the family. Respecting the child's family circumstances and your role in those
Being responsible for your own health adn personal development
Keeping up to date with current practices in childcare legislation

Tasks:

To ensure and maintain the safety, personal hygiene and health activities of the children
To provide balanced meals, taking into account the parents' wishes and cultural background
To observe and assess the needs of the children in your care
To help the children develop emotionally, physically, intellectually and socially. To encourage development
To provide within daily domestic routines a curriculum which encourages healthy development
To provide and use a plan for managing children's behaviour
To provide and use a Fire Escape Plan to get out alive
To have knowledge of first aid
To have a knowledge of local Child Protection Procedures and to be aware of your responsibility regarding child protection
To share and liaise with parents on a regular basis
To negotiate with parents a business contract, the terms and conditions of which meet the requirements of childminder, parents and children
To establish a self-evaluation procedure which helps improve my childminding service
To develop written policies in line with the National Care Standards

I think I will hand this to parents to make sure they know this is a proper job that even has a description other than the woman/man who watches the kids.:panic:

I decided to type it up after reading so many threads on here about how people think we don't have a proper job.

jibberjitz
11-05-2009, 09:21 PM
:clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping:

Pipsqueak
11-05-2009, 09:21 PM
Location: Childminder's own home which should be safe, warm and child-centred at all times while children are in his/her care, allowing opportunities for outdoor experiences.
Role: Being aware of the committment required to deliver a reliable quaility service working within the framework of current legislation. Promoting childminding as quality child care equal to other provisions.

Responsibilities:

Making a commitment to childminding and the children in your care, including the continuity of care
Sharing with parents in the care and education of their children, keeping confidences about circumstances concerning the life of the family. Respecting the child's family circumstances and your role in those

Tasks:

To ensure and maintain the safety, personal hygiene and health activities of the children
To provide balanced meals, taking into account the parents' wishes and cultural background
To help the children develop emotionally, physically, intellectually and socially. To encourage development
To provide within daily domestic routines a curriculum which encourages healthy development
To have a knowledge of local Child Protection Procedures and to be aware of your responsibility regarding child protection
To negotiate with parents a business contract, the terms and conditions of which meet the requirements of childminder, parents and children
To establish a self-evaluation procedure which helps improve my childminding service

I think I will hand this to parents to make sure they know this is a proper job that even has a description other than the woman/man who watches the kids.:panic:

I decided to type it up after reading so many threads on here about how people think we don't have a proper job.

But thats not a proper job!!! <runs very fast for cover>> lol

thanks for that - might print it out myself:thumbsup:

Hebs
11-05-2009, 09:26 PM

Responsibilities:

Tasks:

well we don't plan to get out dead :laughing: :laughing:
that tickled me :blush:

Pipsqueak
11-05-2009, 09:29 PM
well we don't plan to get out dead :laughing: :laughing:
that tickled me :blush:

would a bit singed be acceptable???:laughing:

Blackhorse
11-05-2009, 09:33 PM
would a bit singed be acceptable???:laughing:

...if you have a signed permission form from parents to say a bit singed is ok then who could argue with you!!!!!!!:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Pipsqueak
11-05-2009, 09:37 PM
...if you have a signed permission form from parents to say a bit singed is ok then who could argue with you!!!!!!!:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

:D :laughing: thats ok then:thumbsup:

Hebs
11-05-2009, 09:37 PM
:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

sorry i have a weird sense of humor

Blackhorse
11-05-2009, 09:39 PM

don't be sorry, be happy...it's a gift!!!!!! :jump for joy:

Adiamond
12-05-2009, 06:38 AM
:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: You lot never fail to make me laugh!!! :laughing: :laughing: x x x

Demonjill
12-05-2009, 06:52 AM

Responsibilities:

Tasks:

Thanx Nicole. Thats Fab!:thumbsup:

SandCastles
12-05-2009, 10:51 AM
Thanks I've popped a copy in the front of my parents pack lol

Playmate
12-05-2009, 03:54 PM
I think this is something else to be copied, laminated and put on my hall wall :clapping: :clapping:
Well done!

claireLouise
12-05-2009, 10:10 PM
Thanks. Just what I nedded after a long day.

Claire

Tam's Tribe
21-10-2009, 03:11 PM
Nicole, that job description is fab but I would also add the business aspect to the job description i.e.

> Marketing (promotion and advertising . . . media which would include local rags, in shops, etc and mail outs which would enclude leaflet drops)

> Planning (monthly, quarterly and yearly) and being up to date with current events, industry related and national.

> Finance (being self registered and managing a budget **very important**)

> Bookkeeping (self registered and doing your accounts)

All very important aspects, alongside the childcare skills!!

mandy moo
21-10-2009, 04:20 PM

Really!! I dont think so, very similar to mine, I just wouldnt dare post it in case someone takes it the wrong way, and I got slated for it :eek: