PDA

View Full Version : what level 3 qualification for eyfs?

11-02-2008, 07:01 PM
Is there a list somewhere of which level 3 qualifications are considered acceptable by ofsted for childminding? I don't want to start one until the eyfs has officially started so it will be more relevant hopefully! I already have a pgce but this is for the secondary age range so I 'm not sure it counts for anything with eyfs and I would like to fill in the gaps anyway.

Does anyone else find the ofsted website difficult to get an answer from or am I missing something obvious?

Thanks

Anni

sarah707
11-02-2008, 07:24 PM
Full list available from

www.cwdcouncil.org.uk/qualifications/index.asp

:D

11-02-2008, 07:56 PM
Sarah, thank you so much. I was looking in completely the wrong place. I found what I needed. For anyone else don't bother looking at the childminding bit on the link, look under the "guidance for inspectors" and a full list is given.

Thanks again

Anni

ruby
12-02-2008, 04:09 PM
thank you very much
was wondering what mine and rachel qualifications were.

cathy and rachel

netty
12-02-2008, 06:15 PM
Thanks for this
Now known that my qualifications are = to level 4 and above
Netty:panic:)

tinytigers
23-02-2008, 01:01 PM
I have had a look at this and its excellent but I am trying to decide on the best level 3 course - already done NVQ2 Early Years Care & Education.

I want something that I can do at home or online. Struggling to find something that doesnt need a couple of hours at college.

Any ideas?

Noodles
23-02-2008, 01:05 PM
I have had a look at this and its excellent but I am trying to decide on the best level 3 course - already done NVQ2 Early Years Care & Education.

I want something that I can do at home or online. Struggling to find something that doesnt need a couple of hours at college.

Any ideas?

What about NVQ 3 CCLD :)

tinytigers
23-02-2008, 01:07 PM
Thanks. I have looked at that but cant see how I can do it without having to attend a college 2 hrs a week. Maybe I am looking in wrong place.

manjay
23-02-2008, 01:09 PM
Thanks. I have looked at that but cant see how I can do it without having to attend a college 2 hrs a week. Maybe I am looking in wrong place.

I ahve chosen this one so I don't have to go to college. Maybe it is different depending on the college!

amanda xx

Noodles
23-02-2008, 01:12 PM
I only ever went to college once for the introduction evening and that was only for 2 hours. After that my assessor came out to me

tinytigers
23-02-2008, 01:22 PM
I have just spoken to Learn Direct who have given me a number to call for one that is homebased but noone there today so will ring on Monday.

manjay
23-02-2008, 01:23 PM
I have just spoken to Learn Direct who have given me a number to call for one that is homebased but noone there today so will ring on Monday.

Good luck! I am just waiting to see if I can mine fully funded before I start

amanda xx

tinytigers
23-02-2008, 01:38 PM
I would like to get mine funded too. How do you go about finding that out?

Sorry for the questions.

tinytigers
23-02-2008, 01:40 PM
I have just checked the NICMA who the girl at LD advised me to call and its The Northern Ireland Child Minding Association!

manjay
23-02-2008, 01:44 PM
I would like to get mine funded too. How do you go about finding that out?

Sorry for the questions.

My funding comes from the Welsh Assembly so wouldn't be applicable in your case but I would say your local CIS would have info on funding. Or someone else will be along who has a better idea about how it is done in England

amanda xx

manjay
23-02-2008, 01:45 PM
I have just checked the NICMA who the girl at LD advised me to call and its The Northern Ireland Child Minding Association!

?????

I called the local colleges and they gave me the info of where to go for funding

amanda xx

miffy
23-02-2008, 02:18 PM
I got mine fully funded from our Early years Department but I agree with Amanda the college should be able to help you

Miffy xx

Heaven Scent
23-02-2008, 02:44 PM
Thanks for that Sarah confirmed for me that mine is still level 4
Celine

Noodles
23-02-2008, 05:19 PM
I had mine fully funded thru CIS its worth trying them