PDA

View Full Version : Really hacked off!

melanieabigail2004
11-05-2009, 03:37 PM
For those who read my post on Friday you will know that I served notice to my screamer. Dealt with it very professionally etc. Said that I would work the 4 weeks notice OR let them out of the contract to find alternative childcare and what do I find out???? They have been calling local childminders and saying that they took child D from ME as they were not happy!!!!!!

I worked very hard to try and get parents to work with me over child Ds settling issues etc. Now I have someone bad mouthing me and potentially losing me what little business there is available.

Why do we bother . . . .

Mel :angry:

Spangles
11-05-2009, 03:40 PM
That is really annoying but try to forget about it, I'm sure it won't have any affect on you and, at the end of the day, you've not got to care for the screamer anymore which is the main thing.

x

Alibali
11-05-2009, 04:34 PM
No wonder you're cross. I'd let them know that you have heard they have been telling lies and ask them to stop, you don't want your reputation ruined.

sarah707
11-05-2009, 04:40 PM
I'd have a quiet word with them and remind them about confidentiality ... which works both ways!!

Blaze
11-05-2009, 04:52 PM
I'd have a quiet word with them and remind them about confidentiality ... which works both ways!!

Like her style!:thumbsup:

Tatjana
11-05-2009, 04:55 PM
What a cheek they have!

Maybe they're worried if they told the truth no other cm would want him?!

Good idea to speak to them about confidentiality.

xx

wendywu
11-05-2009, 04:55 PM
I konow why they are doing it Mel. They dont want to say that they got given notice because their child screams non stop. No other minder would take their child on.:eek:

What they are doing is very wrong. But i dont think they are doing ot because they hate you, they want someone else to give them a start.:)

But i would have a word and say if they keep on you will have to put the record straight ;)

Mouse
11-05-2009, 05:08 PM
Wendywu has saved me typing a reply - I was going to say exactly what she's said!

georgie456
11-05-2009, 05:49 PM

I agree!!!

angeldelight
13-05-2009, 08:40 AM

I agree

Hope you are ok Mel

Angel xx

Blue Boy
14-05-2009, 08:00 AM
Dont worry yourself. It sounds as though it was not meant to be and you have done the right thing for both you and the child. Other childminders in your area will know how you work and should appreciate that the mum is only trrying to cover her own back.

Heaven Scent
14-05-2009, 08:15 AM
I agreee with Wendy Wu et al - but it just doesn't surprise me what lengths some parents will go to theses days - The other thing I would say to you is don't get upset if you hear the chld settled in with the new minder straight away - babies are like the rest of us and have likes and dislikes n there may be something about your or your home that didn't quite suit the baby but thats fine - no reflection on you or your home - just not his preference. I would have a quiet word with the parent and let them know you've heard what they were supposed to have said - but don't go in with all guns blazing as it could be urban whispers especially if as you say work is thin on the ground. there could be a variety of explanations but let mumknow how disappointed you feel by this.