PDA

View Full Version : Safety glass film

hollyoaksmad
11-05-2009, 01:33 PM
Hi i heard u can put safery glass film on glass for childminding. do i need to put it on the windows in the conservatory and also i have a display cabinet which has glass on it will that need it??

cheers

sue m
11-05-2009, 01:37 PM
Hi, the windows in your conservatory will already be unbreakable glass won't it? My patio doors have been here for a good few years and they're ok, they have the kite mark. I've got a display cabinet with glass and I've put safety film on.

hollyoaksmad
11-05-2009, 01:53 PM
i wernt sure if they would be or not it says on my conservatory door that its safety glass but i have not seen one for the windows im guessin i lok for the kite mark then??

aslo are ofsted ok with display cabinets and the glass on it has preety markings onit wil this film ruin that?x

sue m
11-05-2009, 01:58 PM
I think your windows should be ok but can't be 100%. Are they double glazed. I'd have thought they'd be the same as the doors. I've got my cabinet with safety film half way up from the bottom as I only have little ones and Ofsted were fine with that. It isn't great, it's got bubbles in and you can see it in certain lights, it's a bit of a mare to get stuck down without a bubble!! :)

hollyoaksmad
11-05-2009, 02:18 PM
lol cheers 4 ya help :)

sue m
11-05-2009, 02:24 PM
:thumbsup:

jibberjitz
11-05-2009, 09:29 PM
I agree with others that your conservatory will be fitted with safety glass already. We recently had a firm out to fit some safety film over a big internal window which didn't have a kite mark and as it was quite a big window we decided not to tackle it ourselves. You can buy safety film in rolls to fit where you need to :)