PDA

View Full Version : Hello can i register one room

estrelas
11-05-2009, 10:49 AM
upstairs just for naps?

I mean i don't want to let the children play up there as the toilet has a big glass screen and the roomI want to register is basically my office with pc,books etc.

The problem i have is my 2 year old mum is working shifts from next week,when shes working late till 9.30 i will have to put him to sleep, now he goes to sleep at 7 ( poor thing gonna get woke up to go home)

So it would be not practical to have the bed/ cot in the front room

My next question is how long does it take for them to come and see?
second, will they do my first inspection at the same time? :eek:

Thanks in advance xxxx

rickysmiths
11-05-2009, 10:59 AM
Oh sorry I can't help, always had all rooms registered even if I don't use them just to give myself flexiblity. I'm sure someone will be around soon.

estrelas
11-05-2009, 11:02 AM
ta Ricky,

I might just call them :panic:

hectors house
11-05-2009, 11:17 AM
I would just do a risk assessment and sent it with a letter to Ofsted - I did this when I wanted to include my daughters bedroom (not on originally as daughter was going through a gothic stage and didn't want to show it to Ofsted or parents), then just did this again when I converted garage to playroom - they didn't come and inspect - I think they just rang and asked some extra questions on the phone.

Andrea08
11-05-2009, 11:27 AM
upstairs just for naps?

I mean i don't want to let the children play up there as the toilet has a big glass screen and the roomI want to register is basically my office with pc,books etc.

The problem i have is my 2 year old mum is working shifts from next week,when shes working late till 9.30 i will have to put him to sleep, now he goes to sleep at 7 ( poor thing gonna get woke up to go home)

Thanks in advance xxxx

hi ok well ring ofsted tell then what is currently on your registration and that this young child needs to sleep in quiet upstairs room etc,
ofsted will prob want you to put it in writing for file and not bother coming to visit you till your due an inspection. they will love a written risk ass too

good luck

estrelas
11-05-2009, 12:12 PM
thanks guys just called them,

as you said i need to write, i will include a risk assessment, thanks x

Pedagog
11-05-2009, 01:29 PM
I registered the whole of the first floor when I registered, also registered for overnight. Well last Thursday I phoned Ofsted about registering my bedroom as I have baby (mum in hospital) who I had never met, and they phone me back within two hours with a yes, and then faxed me a note go agreement, it is however only for this baby as it was a crisis.

sonia ann
11-05-2009, 01:39 PM
upstairs just for naps?

Thanks in advance xxxx

When i needed to do this all I had to do was write to Ofsted with a risk assessment for the room and it was granted with no inspection......when i had my inspection in Jan. i asked her to check the room whilst she was here....no problems:)

estrelas
11-05-2009, 05:04 PM
When i needed to do this all I had to do was write to Ofsted with a risk assessment for the room and it was granted with no inspection......when i had my inspection in Jan. i asked her to check the room whilst she was here....no problems:)

Thats good news,i need it doing pretty quick!