PDA

View Full Version : Individual planning

Catwoman
11-05-2009, 06:24 AM
Hi
As part of my observations i do a section where i note what the childs next steps would be. Would this be classed a a child's individual plan or would i need to do this separately? and if separately, what format should i use?

speak soon;)

huggableshelly
11-05-2009, 06:45 AM
the bromely site have a sample for an individual plan....

you could add it to the plan for the wk incorporated into your activities or make notes in a diary ... things to do list kinda thing but I understand Ofsted like to see the plans.

sarah707
11-05-2009, 06:54 AM
I think of an individual plan as something connected to the child's interests, likes and dislikes, things parents say he enjoys at home, things he talks about doing in other settings, toys he always wants to play with at my house, places he enjoys going etc.

I work around that and put individual planning in his folder along with his observations, which focus on the interests etc as above.

hth :D

Mrs M
11-05-2009, 06:56 AM
I do individual monthly planning just using a basic form with the child's name, the interest and what activities I'll be setting up or resources I'll be leaving out for the child and then a follow up column. I have, however, been told that your next steps is your planning so there is no actual need to have a separate sheet, it's just down to you and how much paperwork you want to do.