PDA

View Full Version : I cant believe the mum said there bags were yuk!

sammy
10-05-2009, 09:13 PM
I got the children to decorate their own canvas bags to take their artwork home in each week, along with their diarys too.

Anyway as soon as they made them they took them home. All parents liked the idea apart from one set...........

I never saw the bags again! i did remind via text to bring them along as i knew we were painting that day and we could use them, the kids were really excited about them when they were first made!

Anyway i asked the little girl last week if she could remind her mummy to bring the bag, and she replied...

"oh no mummy said they were yukky, she didnt like them and put them in the bin" !!!!

Well she wasnt supposed to like them they were for the kiddies, they were proud of them too.

Honestly!! why do i bother.

Pipsqueak
10-05-2009, 09:15 PM
Well I am gobsmacked, what on earth are wrong with these parents? That is disgusting, what a slap in the face to their children and what an insult to you and your hard work.
I am sorry, but I think I would be saying something

ORKSIE
10-05-2009, 09:16 PM
:laughing: :laughing: Sorry.. i read the title and LOL
Poor kids.
That is a fab idea:thumbsup:

miffy
10-05-2009, 09:20 PM
Well I am gobsmacked, what on earth are wrong with these parents? That is disgusting, what a slap in the face to their children and what an insult to you and your hard work.
I am sorry, but I think I would be saying something

So would I! That's a terrible thing to do.

Miffy xx

sammy
10-05-2009, 09:20 PM
i dont think i can actually be bothered in questioning her about it-she is leaving me soon anyway, as her situation has changed so dont need me, it did make me feel abit sad though for the kids i have to say, but me and hubby did have a laugh about it too, as it was funny when the little one came out with it, me and hubby looked at each other with wide eyes and were like omg!! what a cheek.

If they were designer bags maybe she would have kept them - lol

Pipsqueak
10-05-2009, 09:21 PM
hah - I would be making her another one as a leaving present with a comment like I hope you like this one better than the one your child made (meaow)

sammy
10-05-2009, 09:22 PM
hah - I would be making her another one as a leaving present with a comment like I hope you like this one better than the one your child made (meaow)

now that is a good idea!! i like it! :thumbsup:

miffy
10-05-2009, 09:23 PM
:laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Can't help thinking it would serve her right if you did!

Miffy xx

Pipsqueak
10-05-2009, 09:24 PM
Go on Sammy - dare you (and see if you can get a picture of her holding it - for your records of course but you could also show us as well):laughing: :laughing:

ORKSIE
10-05-2009, 09:24 PM

:ROFL1: :ROFL1: :ROFL1:

sue
10-05-2009, 09:39 PM

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Lady Haha
10-05-2009, 10:03 PM
I am truly shocked at the way some parents behave!!! What message are they giving their children by putting their artwork in the bin! You should write her a letter, saying that the bag was still your property (ie you wanted it brought back regularly) and as she could not return it, you will be charging her for it!!!!

Pedagog
10-05-2009, 10:53 PM
My old neighbour used to collect her children from school and would then walk up to the nearest litter bin, and take pictures etc out of their bags, screw them up and throw them away.

Cazz
11-05-2009, 12:39 AM
A friend of mine is a infant school teacher and she was saying that one mum won't have reading books from the school inside her house as she doesn't know what's on them! (Germs etc!). The child has to sit in the garden and do their reading and then the book is put back in the book bag which is left in the garage!

Carole x

huggableshelly
11-05-2009, 06:51 AM
now that is mean!

yep i agree with Pip make another one with a nice pleasant sarcastic comment Parents have no right to tell their child that their creations are yuck especially when the child is proud of their creations.

grr thats makes me mad.... I have one set of parents they are seperated ... I make sure NOTHING goes home with his father as it gets put in the bin. his mother isnt much better really it stays in his bag for ages so alot of the time his work gets displayed in my home until he wants to take it home, by then its getting tatty but atleast he has somewhere to show it off.

haribo
11-05-2009, 06:56 AM
its disgraceful really and i feel so sorry for thje kids with parents with this attitude . plus it was your property too and she had no right. id ask her where it is and see what she says. i sent my kids scrapbooks home last week and one has gone missing and im upset as there was loads of nice stuff in it. well i will get her another but no way is it going home again :panic: :panic:

Alibali
11-05-2009, 07:37 AM
And they call themselves parents!!!:angry: :angry: How dreadful for the poor child and for you, bet you're glad they're leaving

georgie456
11-05-2009, 08:53 AM

You HAVE to do this :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

That mother should be ashamed of herself! :angry: It's not very encouraging for her children to be proud of the things they produce is it???

Helen79
11-05-2009, 08:57 AM
I would put it on the next invoice too. How rude to throw away something that isn't hers anyway & especially something her dd had made.

I don't keep every piece of artwork that dd brings home from nursery but she brings home ALOT & I would never through it away in front of her & say I didn't like it, she would be so upset.

I wait until she's forgotten about it or brought a new picture home & put them the recycling bin when she's not looking.

All the really good pictures get put in her folder to keep & something like a canvas bag I would definately keep.

Hebs
11-05-2009, 10:11 AM
that is shocking

I have to say i don't keep my kids artwork forever (apart from the very special stuff) but it gets put up on display and when it gets tatty or they want something else displayed then they usually pick what comes down :)

i still have artwork on display that a mindee who has left me made as we had such fun doing them and i knew mum would just bin it :mad:

my friday mindee made a mothers day flower, and when i picked her on last tuesday (changed her day) there was her flower in pride of place still on top of the fireplace :clapping:

Blackhorse
11-05-2009, 01:04 PM
I am lost for words!!

I would charge her for the bag. It was not hers to throw away!!

I am sure nobody keeps every last bit of arts and crafts things theyr los make, but surely you don't thow it our saying it is yuk! and not a canvas bag that is meant to take things home from cm...

disrespectful madness. that's all I can say :panic:

Curly Quavers
11-05-2009, 01:19 PM
I would ask her for it back and see what she says. tell her that you are going to use the bags for going to the park and the kids to put packed lunches in for picnics in the summer. Just make up an excise to ask for it and see what she says.

Ripeberry
11-05-2009, 01:54 PM
A couple of the parents at the pre-school are like that, they say the artwork is not good enough but can't be bothered to bring it home, they put it in the bin at the school! In front of the poor kids :(
One little boy tries really hard and i've sat with him a few times encouraging him and now we put most of his pictures up on the wall at school so his mum can't destroy them :)
But to the OP, that is horrible actually putting the bag in the bin and the child knowing, the parents could have just "lost" it.

Toothfairy
11-05-2009, 02:52 PM
Parents :angry: :angry: :angry:
Mindee's :( :( :(

Making the Mum a new bag :D :D

Erika
11-05-2009, 06:35 PM
I'd just say something along the lines of....

"Can you bring the canvas bags back on *such and such a day*.... we need it for taking home arts and crafts/going to the park/whatever....Child did say you put the bag in the bin, ha ha ha" and make a joke of it, giggle a little about the things little ones say.

And then watch her reaction....if she admits to it, you could then say that all the children who come make these little bags and her kids will feel left out without them being the only ones who don't have them, and say that she'll need to pay to have them replaced.

In other words..........Guilt her!! Aren't I wicked?!