PDA

View Full Version : Where do you keep your files?!?!

hollybritten
10-05-2009, 06:40 PM
Hi there,
Where do yu guys keep you files, what info has to be in a locked container? Does this include the daily diaries and learning journeys for each children?!
XX:)

Daftbat
10-05-2009, 06:44 PM
I keep most of my files etc in my utility area. I have a worktop which has my cookery books at one end and work files at the other.

The only things i keep separate are my contracts and child record forms which are in a drawer in my desk upstairs. Its not locked and when Ofsted came she was fully aware it wasn't. I think so long as confidential info is stored out of the way of anyone coming in to the house it is fine.

Everything else needs to be to hand as i am constantly getting files in and out to do planning, diaries and other documentation.

FussyElmo
10-05-2009, 07:01 PM
My files I use all the time are in the dining room. Any confidential ones on a box on top of my wardrobe - ofsted were also fine with this:)

Would love a filing cabinet though:)

hollybritten
10-05-2009, 07:16 PM
What is clased as confidential though?!!?

aly
10-05-2009, 08:54 PM
got mine in a filing cabinet which is locked. bought from wilkos for £25 bargain

ORKSIE
10-05-2009, 09:07 PM
Mine are all kept in seperate polly pockets.
Then are kept in a plastic locked folder.
Placed in a cupboard.
Fort Knox.. me thinks:D

Daddy Day Care
10-05-2009, 09:29 PM
At my inspection one of the questions was where do you plan on keeping your files. I hadnt even thought about it so just blurted out in the top of my wardrobe and she seemed happy enough with that.

Gareth
xx

Daftbat
11-05-2009, 05:38 AM
What is clased as confidential though?!!?

Things that have personal information on them - contracts, child record forms mainly Most other stuff just has names and not dates of birth/addresses etc

amirose
11-05-2009, 06:03 AM
I have a larder in my kitchen which I decided to use for childminding. I keep all my files in there - absolutely anything and everything related to childminding.
I have put a lock on the front of the cupboard but only lock it when I am going out or have someone I don't know that well/don't know in my house (i.e gas inspector).
Its handy having the lock there as I don't even have to think about it I just know anything to do with childminding is safe when I need it to be :thumbsup:

miffy
11-05-2009, 06:19 AM
All confidential stuff is locked in a file box. Other files are in a spare bedroom (office).

Miffy xx

lindylou
11-05-2009, 06:48 AM
Hi
I keep mine in an ikea filing cabinet its a nice one which matches the furniture in my living room
I keep it locked ofsted thought this was a good idea i have all the kids in the pockets in alphabetical order
I mind quite a few kids though as i mind with an assistant am sure it would be okay as the others say to keep them upstairs out of the way
Linxx

Moominmomma
11-05-2009, 03:21 PM
I have a little box file from tesco which was cheap and has a lock. Thought I'd sorted the problem of keeping records safe until my DH said if someone wanted to take them they could just take the box! I'm going to stick with it though as it's not in view and who would want to come in my house and steel it anyway. :)