PDA

View Full Version : NCMA Renewal and Insurance

janey81
10-05-2009, 05:00 PM
My renewel for the NCMA membership and insurance was due at the end of March!!! I have sent the cheque off in plenty of time I think it was cleared mid-March

After 3 phonecalls and numerous calls trying to call them I still have not received anything and I beginning to panic I don't want to have an Ofsted Inspection and have no insurance certificate up they can't even give me my number over the phone, they have confirmed 3 times that they have received it and assured me everytime that it would be with me within the next few days. Has anyone else has this trouble??

Jane

miffy
10-05-2009, 05:16 PM
Sorry no I haven't - I'd advise you to call again and make a complaint. Make sure you get the name of the person you speak to and if you don't get it sorted then put everything in writing to them.

Miffy xx

Daftbat
10-05-2009, 05:19 PM
Their dispatch people have changed and i think its all in a big mess now. I waited over 5 weeks for an attendance register and have sent it back for a refund. Took so long i decided to do my own!!

huggableshelly
10-05-2009, 07:27 PM
I renewed mine at the beginning or april, it wasnt due till 5th may but I knew from before it takes 21 days to arrive. still waiting now and have recieved 2 employers liability insuance to allow students to work with me and still no main insurance.

i too am awaiting ofsted, the NCMA said ... if Ofsted require proof that i am covered they can call! as if Ofsted will have time to make that call! I have stressed the urgency but it didnt help, My payment was accepted by phone, the money was taken the same day but even so my certificate is still being processed!

rickysmiths
10-05-2009, 07:55 PM
My renewel for the NCMA membership and insurance was due at the end of March!!! I have sent the cheque off in plenty of time I think it was cleared mid-March

After 3 phonecalls and numerous calls trying to call them I still have not received anything and I beginning to panic I don't want to have an Ofsted Inspection and have no insurance certificate up they can't even give me my number over the phone, they have confirmed 3 times that they have received it and assured me everytime that it would be with me within the next few days. Has anyone else has this trouble??

Jane

If you have been insured with them before you will find that the number doesn't change, the number on my certificate has been the same for the last eight years!!!!!!!:laughing: ( RTT161353 ) it is probably the same for all childminders because it is a genaric policy.

Unfortunately they are always slow in processing renewals. There is a new man onboard and things are supposed to be changing but it is taking a while.

I would have thought that if you have last years cert, the cheque stub, and your bank statement showing the payment had been taken before the renewal date that would keep OFSTED happy.

FussyElmo
10-05-2009, 08:23 PM
Mine took forever and it was done by the network. Only got the cetificate this week. Ours was to be renewed in Feb we did get a e mail in April saying we were covered just a hold up in sending out the certificates:)

janey81
11-05-2009, 07:36 AM
Thanks guys, I will try and phone again to see what is happening, but I least I know I am covered.

Jane

hbomb1
11-05-2009, 09:28 AM
I am the same. Insurance expired 28 April - renewal was made in March and my cheque was cleared straightaway, however I am yet to receive my certificate. I have tried telephoning them without success, so am basically just waiting. Have kept my old certificate on the wall for now, but have advised parents that I'm awaiting new cert.

Muffin
11-05-2009, 10:03 AM
I should have reveived my insurance certificate for 1st May, I renewed in plenty of time. I called last Thurs to ask where it was and she said not to worry it's just taking a long time at the moment.