PDA

View Full Version : can I do this? 2 q's

aly
10-05-2009, 04:12 PM
I have b/a schoolies on a 2 week notice of rota.

mum tells me when she needs me 2 weeks in advance. now i have 2 days in june that I donot want/cant work 19th june as its my cousins renwal of vows and my birthday 23rd june

can I say [eventually] that I an unavailable for those days now in case she mentions in a few weeks that she needs me?
-----------------------------

another question.
last wedensday {i think i put a post on] i was meant to have the boys but mum phoned tues and said not needed..i charged her for it as i was still availble but for some reason even though its printed on the back of the contract i didnt put anything on there about fees...she is changing jobs in the next couple of weeks so im guessing i need to do another contract so can I change things on there ??? ie amount she needs to pay even if booked etc

thanks

Annie_T
10-05-2009, 04:19 PM
as long as you give mother the 4weeks notice (unless you do more or les notice) you can state not avaliable them days hun yes .... sooner the better id say

with the second questions im unsure hun

miffy
10-05-2009, 04:21 PM
Yes, you're entitled to have time off as long as you give mum whatever notice you've agreed in the contract (mine says 2 weeks unless it's an emergency)

If mum's hours/days change with her new job then you should do a new contract but even if they don't as you've noticed something you should have included I'd do a new one anyway

Miffy xx

FussyElmo
10-05-2009, 04:23 PM
1st questtion - definately as soon as I always try to give as much notice as possible

2nd question - if you are going to do a new contract, I would make it a review and put it on the contact. When I had a parent like this I used to put it in the box 2 days as and when parents needs me. Fee is x amount and payable if place is used or not.

Hope this helps:)

The Juggler
10-05-2009, 05:36 PM
Also if she is on shifts/rotas she may be able to request a change to accommodate your days.

rickysmiths
10-05-2009, 06:51 PM
You are allowed to take holiday. The dates you mention are more than four weeks away I think that is more than a reasonable time to inform her that you are not available. In these cases I always try to come up with an alternative, another cm or does she know a fellow mum at in the class that could have the children as a one off. This way the parent doesn't feel abandoned.