PDA

View Full Version : Cosatto Duet Lite v Mothercare Hoxton Tandem?

helenlc
10-05-2009, 02:29 PM
Has anyone got any experience of either of these prams? Has anyone had both and prefers one to the other?

I am after one of these and am currently in touch with 2 ladies on my local Netmums - one has the Mothercare version, one has the Cosatto version. Both similar prices and same location.

I have read they are rather heavy but I like the idea of being as wide as a single. I drive so walking isnt my main means of travel. This would be for going into shops, the school playground etc.

Any advice/comments would be greatfully recieved.

amirose
10-05-2009, 03:20 PM
Thats strange, I just had to make a choice between these exact two pushchairs on ebay!

I went for the cosatto duet lite, I much preferred the look of it - I don't think there is much in the spec.

I have read lots of reviews for the cosatto and the only really complaints are a small shopping basket (though others have said its strong enough to hold lots on handle bars so not really an issue) and its heavy - but to be honest in my opinion pushing two children is always going to be heavy!!!

I should get mine early next week so can let you know what I think of it!

mummyroysof3
10-05-2009, 04:00 PM
hi, i had the mothercare hoxton one and found it vey heavy with a 2 year old and a newborn in but not as bad with 2 20 month olds in while 6 months pregnant, maybe it was the weight being more balanced or i was very unfit after having the newborn lol

this time ive gone for a maclaren rally twin and pushing it up our street on a slight hill is much easier and i have a 2 year old and a newborn in it

thats prob not much help is it :laughing:

charlotte x

Allie
10-05-2009, 04:06 PM
I wanted the Cosatto but when I tried to fit it into my car I found the wheels to big in the end I had to go for a side by side one as this would fold down small enough to fit between the front seat and middle row of seats in my Discovery

Allie

helenlc
10-05-2009, 04:11 PM
thats prob not much help is it :laughing:

charlotte x

Any views are greatly appreciated so yes, you were a help.

I do have a side by side but find it quite wide (it's an old style Mamas and Papas one). I wont be using it this one for long walks and is literally just getting out the car around shops, into toddler group if I have 2 non-walkers etc.

The lady who is selling the Mothercare one only wants £30 and it comes with the nest for the back seat and footmuff for the front and raincover. I think this is really good as they go for more on Ebay. (I also figure for that price I could sell it on for that and possibly more if I really dont get on with it!!)

amirose
10-05-2009, 04:53 PM
Any views are greatly appreciated so yes, you were a help.

I do have a side by side but find it quite wide (it's an old style Mamas and Papas one). I wont be using it this one for long walks and is literally just getting out the car around shops, into toddler group if I have 2 non-walkers etc.

The lady who is selling the Mothercare one only wants £30 and it comes with the nest for the back seat and footmuff for the front and raincover. I think this is really good as they go for more on Ebay. (I also figure for that price I could sell it on for that and possibly more if I really dont get on with it!!)

£30 :eek: :eek: :eek:
Nab it! I just paid £100 (with post) for my cosatto!!!
(Both retail at just over £200)

mushpea
10-05-2009, 05:44 PM
I had the hoxton, used it once and resold it, it was very heavy on the steering, i had a 1year old and 2yrold in it the t 2yrold is quite heavy but the 1yr is petit. I bought a side by side graco duo sport and it is marvoulus, it goes through door ways and is light enough to push one handed with both children in, this was a couple of months ago and the 2yrold is starting to walk so dont use it at the mo and now cant wait for another baby to start so i can use the graco double again!, the only thing with the graco is that it sandwich folds not umbrella folds but is stil quiet compact and the best i've had. I also just bought today a urban detour double for over the woods and cant wait to try it out tommoro, sat my 8yrold son it this afternoon and realy easy to push with him in .

Gizmo
10-05-2009, 08:25 PM
Have been thinking about these as well, how small do they fold, I have a fiesta at the mo so not much boot space.

helenlc
10-05-2009, 08:48 PM
£30 :eek: :eek: :eek:
Nab it! I just paid £100 (with post) for my cosatto!!!
(Both retail at just over £200)

I think I will go with the Hoxton one as its slightly cheaper but comes with more in terms of nest thing and footmuff.

Going to pick it up Thursday - but might need to sneak it straight in loft before hubby sees!! Lol - need to sell my Urban Detour to get the money back then can confess about the other one!!!:blush:

helenlc
14-05-2009, 06:51 PM
I picked it up today and its lovely. All clean and the footmuff and nest part are all nice and clean too.

But boy its heavy!! I struggled to get it in the car!! Lol.

It's fine to push around - although it was empty when I was walking it up and down my hallway :laughing: :laughing:

I will see how I find it when I first use it and take it from there.

It is lovely though - just need a couple of little ones to use it with!!!:blush: :blush: