PDA

View Full Version : Part of the secret handshake club!!

uf353432
10-05-2009, 12:03 PM
of Lascal Kiddyguard owners!

working out how to release the catch to unroll was - erm! time consuming - the irony is that the instructions were rolled up in the guard - so had to go online to find out how to release it in order to get at the instructions! oh how I laughed when they still made no sense...........

finally managed to work out the secret handshake release (via Mr UF353432, who would have thought it!) and its now installed. Which took 10 mins - the working out how to release took nearly 40 mins!

:clapping: :clapping:

misst104
10-05-2009, 12:21 PM
I'm in the club!!!! After several years I've got the unopening down to 5 minutes :clapping: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

xxx Jo

miffy
10-05-2009, 12:22 PM
I'm NOT in the club! Probably as well, all sounds far to technical for me :laughing:

Miffy xx

Pipsqueak
10-05-2009, 01:32 PM
:laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

What I find funny is that You get so used to your own gates (Fort Knox - according to my OH isn;t as well protected as our house apparently) that when you go to someone elses home you fiddle and fartarse on with their stairgates making you look like a total plonker.

nell57
10-05-2009, 01:59 PM

What I find funny is that You get so used to your own gates (Fort Knox - according to my OH isn;t as well protected as our house apparently) that when you go to someone elses home you fiddle and fartarse on with their stairgates making you look like a total plonker.

:laughing: thats so true.

What baffles me is why my OH is the only who still keeps walking into my gate, when we've been using it for 4 years:rolleyes:

helenlc
10-05-2009, 02:43 PM

And dont you find every pushchair seems to have a different fold/unfold mechanism?

I have been using my Urban Detour for a few months then got my OBaby umbrella one down from the loft. I looked a right eejit at the school Monday morning as I was struggling to put down my own pushchair!!!:blush: :blush: :blush:

ORKSIE
10-05-2009, 03:05 PM
of Lascal Kiddyguard owners!

working out how to release the catch to unroll was - erm! time consuming - the irony is that the instructions were rolled up in the guard - so had to go online to find out how to release it in order to get at the instructions! oh how I laughed when they still made no sense...........

finally managed to work out the secret handshake release (via Mr UF353432, who would have thought it!) and its now installed. Which took 10 mins - the working out how to release took nearly 40 mins!

:clapping: :clapping:

:blush: :blush: I had to read this and the other posts to relise what you were talking about. Silly me:laughing: :laughing:

estrelas
10-05-2009, 03:06 PM
:blush: :blush: I had to read this and the other posts to relise what you were talking about. Silly me:laughing: :laughing:

i stilldon't know:blush:

ORKSIE
10-05-2009, 03:09 PM

Well... I'm not 100% sure but i think it must be a safety thingy:blush:

FussyElmo
10-05-2009, 03:10 PM
Well... I'm not 100% sure but i think it must be a safety thingy:blush:

Is that like a safety whatisname:laughing:

But I dont know neither:o

ORKSIE
10-05-2009, 03:15 PM
Is that like a safety whatisname:laughing:

But I dont know neither:o

Yep one of the same:laughing: :laughing:

jibberjitz
10-05-2009, 05:37 PM
Sounds far too complicated for me :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

rickysmiths
10-05-2009, 06:14 PM
I've got one to. Best thing I ever did!!!!!!:clapping: :jump for joy:

ORKSIE
10-05-2009, 06:33 PM
I am totally confused now! are you talking about Stair gates or Buggies:D

FussyElmo
10-05-2009, 06:59 PM
Its ok its a safety gate :idea: just googled it. Seems good but expensive:)

misst104
10-05-2009, 07:01 PM
Sounds far too complicated for me :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

you've got one at the bottom of your stairs!!!!!!!!! :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

huggableshelly
10-05-2009, 07:13 PM
the price put me off :panic:

sue
10-05-2009, 07:36 PM

me either:(

uf353432
10-05-2009, 07:58 PM
I got mine as part of my start up grant - so effectively free - and yes it is expensive but its gone in a door way where a standard safety gate would be a risk assessment all of its own lol! Just amused me no end that at 30 odd I struggled to unlock it, I dare say the kids will have no trouble at all!

hectors house
11-05-2009, 08:54 AM
Stair gates - we had visitors stay for the weekend - everytime my friend Sue went into the kitchen she managed to trip over the bar on the bottom of the gate - about 20 times!

rickysmiths
11-05-2009, 09:10 AM
the price put me off :panic:

They are worth every penny though if you have a place where its difficult to have a gate sticking out when its opened or you don't want the bar on the floor. I've had mine at the bottom of the stairs for four year now and its brill.:clapping: