PDA

View Full Version : Freezable Menu ideas

patevans
10-05-2009, 11:32 AM
I have been making up meals and freezinfgthem but now I have ran out of ideas, can anyone help pls :idea:

Hebs
10-05-2009, 11:48 AM
no but looking forward to ideas :thumbsup:

youarewhatyoueat
10-05-2009, 11:52 AM
What have you been making so far?

FussyElmo
10-05-2009, 12:06 PM
And for what ages:)

uf353432
10-05-2009, 12:08 PM
See now I make a huge VAT of bolegnaise sauce. When its done I then split it into 3.

1 makes a spag bol

2 add lentils and have a lasagne

3 add kidney beans and some chilli and have a chilli con carne.

All of which can be frozen up.

Other good freezables:

Beef stroganoff
Chicken Supreme
Curry of any variety
Shepards Pie
Pizza
Quiche
Stew
Casserole
Fish pie

and almost all of the runny things above can be made into pie - with some puff pastry - which can be frozen up as well - before or after cooking.

My freezer is very well utilised!

miffy
10-05-2009, 12:24 PM
no but looking forward to ideas :thumbsup:

Ha, ha - me too! :D

Miffy xx

patevans
10-05-2009, 01:13 PM
And for what ages:)

all age ranges, so far I have done

Corned beef hash
Spag bol
stew
Chilli con carne
Shepherds pie
Sausage casserole
Chicken risotto

FussyElmo
10-05-2009, 02:02 PM
Ok I do :-
Currys - kormas are good for the children but dopilizas(sp) chicken tikka etc
Lasagne
mashed potato (sweet potato too)
hotpot
steak and mushroom pie
meat and potato pie
chicken and mushroom pie
spag bol
coq au van
chicken chasseur
meatballs
lamb casserole
pork casserole

Plus I keep stewed apple and rhurbab(when in season) for quick desserts.

For babies

Sweet potato
Buttersquash
Any of the above mushed
Roast dinner

jibberjitz
10-05-2009, 05:40 PM
I do:-
stews veggie & beef
salmon & broccoli tagliatelle
spag bol
chilli
thick soups
risottos
sauces to mix with pasta

:thumbsup:

patevans
10-05-2009, 05:43 PM
I cant make lasagna...every recipe I have found contains an ingrediant I have never heard of!!

rickysmiths
10-05-2009, 06:00 PM
I cant make lasagna...every recipe I have found contains an ingrediant I have never heard of!!

Oh dear.

All I do for mine is the bolgnese sauce, white sauce, and lasagne all layered in a dish ending with the white sauce and grated cheddar cheese on top.

White sauce is butter/marg, flour and milk

The bolgnese is minced beef, chopped onion, chopped carrot,celery, peppers, mushrooms, tinned chopped tomatoes all mixed and the combination of added veg depends on what happens to be in the fridge at the time.!!!!!

Hope that helps. :thumbsup:

FussyElmo
10-05-2009, 06:56 PM
To be honest I use the jar for the white sauce:blush: :blush: :blush:

Peppa
10-05-2009, 07:54 PM
Theres me struggling cooking tea fresh every night and wondering how everyone else does it! Thought I was just useless at minding! :blush:

ORKSIE
10-05-2009, 09:27 PM

So do i, and the meat sauce:blush: :blush:

sue
10-05-2009, 09:45 PM

gald l'm not the only one:)

Lady Haha
10-05-2009, 10:21 PM
How on earth do you get your mindees to eat all this lovely food???? I am restricted to fish fingers and sausage type meals as it's the only stuff they will all eat! I have two that won't touch anything with 'sauce' on it, which includes anything vaguely moist like shepherds pie, lasagne etc!!! I have all after schoolies and if I put anything in front of them that isn't a fish finger, they go 'uuurrrrgggghhhh, whats that!'

Joannechildmind
10-05-2009, 10:31 PM
yes same here, its the same with lunches if its not Jam sandwiches(which is requested every single day) or cheese spread sandwiches then they will not eat it, i have tried porkpies, sausage rolls, crackers, quiche.

Now i make sandwiches with different type breads like french stick or finger rolls.

hectors house
11-05-2009, 08:51 AM
I can't win - when I cook our evening meal, I cook double quantity and freeze some for the mindees in individual bowls - but my teenage daughter is fed up with sensible food ie: stews, spag bol, cottage pie - she wants to eat more convenience type food ie: chicken kievs, pizzas etc - but these are all things that I can't re-heat and the lo's won't eat anyway. and then I know now the weather is getting warmer my husband will want lighter meals with salad.

I am quite lucky in that I only have part-timers - so can repeat a meal on menu several times as different children attending.

christine e
11-05-2009, 10:08 AM
How about making your own chicken nuggets and freezing them

Cx

katickles
11-05-2009, 11:31 AM
I make things as above & also make tuna patties & chicken & apple bites (got that receipie from here!:)) so there really easy to do in a hurry with either salad bits or pots, vegies etc