PDA

View Full Version : Child development query

youarewhatyoueat
10-05-2009, 08:33 AM
I've got a 14 month old mindee who has been walking confidently for 2 months now, can crouch down but can not get up frome sitting to a standing position. She has to crawl to something to help her get up. Does that make sense. I hadn't really noticed, mum pointed it out and I can't think of a way to encourage this. She can throw herself down the mini slide, climb etc. but just this one thing. I'm not concerned but would like to encourage, any ideas.

Caroline

huggableshelly
10-05-2009, 08:37 AM
off the top of my sunday dozy head!

how about using a hoop that she has to stand in then lift it over her head ... involves couching to pick up then standing to lift to help her knees get stronger

or a basket for her to carry with items for her to collect again encourage the bending and returning to stand

its most likely just a confidence thing.

TheBTeam
10-05-2009, 08:41 AM
I am sure it will come in time, i have a 21month old who can not roll over either way, he can bum shuffle but not walk, he doesn't pull himself to standing or crawl, and there is apparently nothing wrong with him.

just to add this is a mindee not my own child.

haribo
10-05-2009, 09:26 AM
sometimes if they are a little bit chubby it can take longer to pull themselves up to a standing position, it comes with practise though its just a bit more of an effort sometimes .

The Juggler
10-05-2009, 05:40 PM
from experience I think that is a little harder for them to stand up than to crouch down.