PDA

View Full Version : HELP!!

hollybritten
09-05-2009, 07:54 PM
My maternity pay finishes in june and i havent got any midees yet, i wont be on the CIS for another couple of weeks ARGH!!!
should i get people soon after i go on the website?!?!
Please help?!!
xxx

christine e
09-05-2009, 08:00 PM
Well I've had quite a few enquiries lately but I think that the work situation varies from area to area. Been to a NCMA forum today and the topic for discusion was 'the credit crunch - how is it affecting your business'. Of those attending most felt it was affecting their business for the better but sadly quite a few had been affected badly by it losing most of thier business.

What is the business situation like with other childminders in your area? Have you thought of advertising on Net Mums?

Hope you get sorted soon

Cx

miffy
09-05-2009, 09:19 PM
There's no guarantee you'll get work as soon as your name goes on the FIS website.

Try getting to know other childminders in your area - they will be able to tell you whether there's much work around atm and might even be able to put some work your way.

Good luck - hope you get something sorted soon

Miffy xx

Toothfairy
10-05-2009, 07:04 AM
Don't put all your eggs in one basket.

Start advertising in other places as well. I have been a CM for 3 yrs and I have only had 1 enquiry from the CIS all the rest came from school and word of mouth.

Good luck :thumbsup:

Annie_T
10-05-2009, 04:20 PM
i went on there within a week or so ..wasnt that long at all

i would put some leaflets in doors, shop windows etc hun

ORKSIE
10-05-2009, 04:24 PM
Hope the phone starts ringing soon:)

jibberjitz
10-05-2009, 05:35 PM
Hope you get some enquiries soon - start putting the word around as I've found word of mouth works best :thumbsup: