PDA

View Full Version : Feedback from parents

uf353432
09-05-2009, 05:51 PM
If parents tell me something I like to record it in the diary of my mindee, but do I also link it to the EYFS or is it only observations made by me whilst in my care that count to link to?

For example my mindee did something today which mum relayed and I think its a lovely thing so am planning to add that to his book as something mum has told me. Should I then try to link it to EYFS?

Also I take it I don't have to do next steps and EYFS links for everything I notate about mindee's? For example my mindee has a big aversion to certain foods, if I notate he tried apple - I wouldn't need to link it - I am just making a note of a little milestone - I don't know if either of what I am asking makes any sense - so if you can decipher the code lol!

sarah707
09-05-2009, 07:25 PM
I don't link parents comments to the Eyfs - but if I then plan from things they have told me I do link the planning.

When you talk about making notes about likes / dislikes etc you are really saying you are making quick observations about the child. These can be linked to the Eyfs eg likes and dislikes will link to Psed.

Alternatively you could use little obs like that to update the child's 'all about me' booklet... this can be an ongoing document, not just something that is filled in at the start of the child's time with you, then left in the folder.

hope that inspires! :D

Daftbat
09-05-2009, 07:45 PM
I think you can link parents comments on what a child has done to the EYFS. We are looking at the overall development of the child and working with parents is important. Sometimes very valuable information can be ascertained in parental discusions which will enable us to plan further with next steps in learning and in order for this to link properly it may be necessary to link outside information to the 6 areas.:)

uf353432
09-05-2009, 07:46 PM
Sarah, it does thank you!

Is the all about me different from the passport?

sarah707
09-05-2009, 08:12 PM
No it's the same idea! :D

uf353432
09-05-2009, 09:03 PM
ah ok, my parents complete the passport, I was planning in combining the learning journal with anything 'all about me' related so that I can keep the passport as a start point and the learning journal the journey from that point. Plus where I only have this child for a few hours a week, its nice to be able to fill up the pages lol!