PDA

View Full Version : Safety Film

Alz
09-05-2009, 05:49 PM
Hi everyone,

Hope I've posted this in the right place!!?!

I am in the pre-reg process. My main room allocated for childminding is going to be in my conservatory. The doors are all toughened safely glass, however there are four panels of double glazed windows (floor to ceiling) that I don't think are safety glass (cannot see a kite mark etc). I assume for risk assesment purposes I will have to get these covered in safety film? Would that be all the glass or just half and does anyone know of a company who does it at a reasonable price. I am in the East Midlands!

Thanks! Alz x

Chatterbox Childcare
09-05-2009, 07:04 PM
Find out how old the conservatory is as it was law at least as far back as 1996 that all glass would have to be toughened.

If you put the conservatory in, have a look at your paperwork or contact the company and ask.

uf353432
09-05-2009, 07:09 PM
and if its not

I just bought from http://www.abodewindowfilms.co.uk/ which seemed the most reasonable. Was delivered within 2 days of ordering

Alz
10-05-2009, 09:42 AM
Brilliant, thanks guys!
The conservatory was already here when we brought the house so I have no paperwork, which also means I'm not sure when it was built?! It could have been post 1996 but as I cannot see any kite marks or signs to show it's safety glass maybe I should play it safe and get quotes for having the film put on?!
I'll check out that link too!
Alz x