PDA

View Full Version : Anyone using webs.com (freewebs)?

Millievanilli
09-05-2009, 01:17 PM
Hiya, have been trying to create a website using webs, just the basic one you get for free. However, am having real problems with it-mainly that I will write some text, then save it, but then when I go back there'll be loads missing :angry: It also seems very slow and sometimes the screen just freezes so I have to close it. Anyone one had the same problems or know of any other free websites? Cheers.

Polka Dots
09-05-2009, 01:45 PM
I created my website using webs.com and didn't have any of the problems you've described. It sometimes told me to refresh the page to avoid errors and if I didn't refresh page in time the text reverted back to the previously saved draft. Keep at it, you'll get it to work. :thumbsup:

Hebs
09-05-2009, 01:59 PM
i use webs.com (freewebs) and have never had any problems :thumbsup:

Winnie
09-05-2009, 01:59 PM
It will save a draft of something i'm working on but i dont remember how i get it to save the finished piece- sorry. Are you clicking the publish button before you exist to the sitebuilder bit?:idea:

sarah707
09-05-2009, 04:09 PM
I use freewebs and it's always fine. I wonder if you have a bandwidth problem on your computer??

the best thing to try is to create your page / text in Word on your desktop, then copy and paste it into the freewebs page.

Hth :D

Andrea08
09-05-2009, 04:13 PM
i have used webs and so far so good

Ripeberry
09-05-2009, 05:14 PM
Just been on the free-webs and set up a free webpage! Just need to work out how to upload photos as its not working for me. Don't want husband to help as he said he was going to make a website for me over 4 months ago and i've given up asking now :(
Just want to get some photos on-line! Does anyone know how to do it?

Curly Quavers
09-05-2009, 05:15 PM
I used it and didn't like (just my preference) I got mine through Microsoft windows officelive I like it much better.

jeanybeany
09-05-2009, 06:54 PM
I use freewebs and have never had any problems. I think it's great and really easy to use, by that I mean I found it simple to follow!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

tulip0803
09-05-2009, 08:53 PM
I've got 2 freewebs/webs sites and not had any problems

Demonjill
09-05-2009, 10:18 PM
I found it easy to use and got half way through then someone in my area decided to do the same one (exact same design and colours) and obviously finished it before me and published it so i deleted mine!:angry:
I have now started another but I cant remember the name of it but I have to do alot more myself which is more of a challenge (for me lol) but more fun.:D

michellethegooner
09-05-2009, 11:10 PM
I use freewebs and never had no problems with it

balloon
10-05-2009, 06:49 AM
Mine is webs.com and I've not had any problems either. Upgraded it to .com (ad free) really easily and cheaply too.

sarah707
10-05-2009, 07:58 AM
I was on mine last night and it was a bit slow... it said they were closing for maintenance last night as well.

Hopefully it will be better today :D