PDA

View Full Version : sponsored walk

Helen79
09-05-2009, 12:02 PM
We've just got a cat from the rspca, one of my mindee's mums works there so I thought me & all the mindees could do a sponsored walk in the half term holidays to raise some pennies for them.

Just wondered of anyone else has done anything sponsored & how did the parent's react? Did they think it was a good idea or just anything to fork out money for?

Helen79
09-05-2009, 12:10 PM
Also if people think the sponsored walk is a good idea, do you think I could get the paper to do a photo & article about it? free advertising :clapping:

Nurseries round here are in the paper all the time for sponsored events they do, there's never any news so they have to run the stories to fill the paper (think man stole cat food kind of stories is what we have lol)

Mouse
09-05-2009, 12:26 PM
Definitely ask the local paper to come (though don't be surprised if they don't turn up!) and take your own photos to send to Who Minds, if you're a member.

Our cm group did the Barnardos Big Toddle last year & it was a great success. Most of the parents were so excited at the children doing their first sponsored event that they got loads of sponsors. The parents of older children didn't bother as much, I think they were already sponsored-out by nursery/school events!
I think it would be too soon for us to do it again this year, but we'll do another one next year. Through the Big Toddle the group gets to keep a percentage of money raised.

Helen79
11-05-2009, 08:52 AM
Does anyone know when the big toddle is this year?

Mouse
11-05-2009, 09:02 AM
You can do it any time throughout the summer.

http://www.barnardos.org.uk/bigtoddle/big_toddle_information.htm