PDA

View Full Version : Business Health Check

Daftbat
09-05-2009, 07:10 AM
Yesterday i received in the post a form from our Early Years Team in Derbyshire entitled Health Check for Childcare Businessess (Childminder).

As i read through it i became so mad i couldn't believe what was being asked.

The idea as i understand is for us to complete the form and for some bigwig somewhere to highlight any areas for improvement or possible further training in business based practices for the cm.

However some of the questions are very personal & private and basically a matter between the cm and the Inland Revenue. I have given a few examples below and am interested if anyone else has received the form and what their views are.

Q. did you make a surplus/profit last year? If yes please state amount
Q. If you had to close tomorrow do you know what debts and costs you would need to cover? If yes please state these and amounts
Q. Do you have proelms with bad debts? If yes, what amounts are you owed?
Q. Are policies and procedures current and appropriate to your business?
QHave you informed Ofsted of any significant changes within the last twelve months? What were these?
Q. Are you registered with HMRC?

There are 45 questions in total and there is no indication in the form that answers will be held confidentially. They are asking for setting details too.

I have sent a strongly worded email to the department advising them of how ridiculous i think this is. We have enough paperwork and whilst i know some cms could do with some extra help especially new ones - isn't this what the CDO's are supposed to pick up on? I think its an invasion of privacy and have refused to fill it in.

huggableshelly
09-05-2009, 07:13 AM
I wouldnt answer the questions either