PDA

View Full Version : Furniture

The Queen
08-05-2009, 08:52 PM
Can One just ask what you do about the children jumping on the furniture. I have some really lovely pieces - antique in fact - some belonged to horny Henry (the VIII), but the children will insist on jumping on some of it. Now of course its insured but thats not the point.
The other problem I have is that the children (and parents) WILL slide up and down the polished floors in the hall. Of course One has risk assessed but there are some awful scuff marks and the staff are beginning to complain, not to mention its rubbing of on my own children - Edward is such a little ratbag at times and just copies the minded ones. I have asked the parents to remove shoes before they come into the shack but that seems to make it worse as socks and tights seem to be a lot more slippy. I am thinking of issuing those blue overshoe things you get at the public baths.

I do have at my disposal an Army but I am not sure if this is considered extreme.

Lick'le Oakes
08-05-2009, 08:53 PM
:laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

manjay
08-05-2009, 08:58 PM
I suggest keeping the mindees locked under the stairs all day (i presume this is quite a large space in your residence) and then posting them through the letter box back to parents so there is no need for said parents sliding down your polished floors! I think the army may be a little extreme but I would consider if all else fails

Hth (or should that be HRH?)

breezy
08-05-2009, 08:58 PM
If i was you ma'am I'd post guards at every piece of furniture and shot any little so and so that climbs on it :D

Trouble
08-05-2009, 09:00 PM
put the children in your castle im sure theyll love playing with your jewels:clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping:

Blackhorse
08-05-2009, 09:04 PM
lock them into the tower if they don't behave.

The Queen
08-05-2009, 09:04 PM
If i was you ma'am I'd post guards at every piece of furniture and shot any little so and so that climbs on it :D

One quite likes this idea.

oh dear that reminds me, One must give the order to let that little brat out of the tower - he has been in there for 4 days

Blackhorse
08-05-2009, 09:11 PM
One quite likes this idea.

oh dear that reminds me, One must give the order to let that little brat out of the tower - he has been in there for 4 days

I am sure he will be fine for at least another 4 days....he can enjoy the lovely views

angeldelight
08-05-2009, 09:13 PM
Can One just ask what you do about the children jumping on the furniture. I have some really lovely pieces - antique in fact - some belonged to horny Henry (the VIII), but the children will insist on jumping on some of it. Now of course its insured but thats not the point.
The other problem I have is that the children (and parents) WILL slide up and down the polished floors in the hall. Of course One has risk assessed but there are some awful scuff marks and the staff are beginning to complain, not to mention its rubbing of on my own children - Edward is such a little ratbag at times and just copies the minded ones. I have asked the parents to remove shoes before they come into the shack but that seems to make it worse as socks and tights seem to be a lot more slippy. I am thinking of issuing those blue overshoe things you get at the public baths.

I do have at my disposal an Army but I am not sure if this is considered extreme.

I think you should stop moaning and let the kids do what they want - after all you can afford to replace any damages

Angel xx

Toothfairy
08-05-2009, 09:31 PM

LittleMissSparkles
08-05-2009, 09:34 PM
why not have MI5 wipe them out ! :laughing:

or you could let them play with Anne's dog ..... apparently blossom's bit is far worse than her bark ! LOL

charleyfarley
08-05-2009, 09:39 PM
Do you have dungeons?? Keep them there till home time, we have one member who keeps hers in the cellar (you know who you are):D

I know how you feel about them sliding across the floor it winds you up so much :angry:

Carol xx

LittleMissSparkles
08-05-2009, 09:42 PM
we have one member who keeps hers in the cellar (you know who you are):D

Carol xx

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

flowerpots
08-05-2009, 09:44 PM
:laughing: :clapping: :laughing:

Minstrel
08-05-2009, 09:47 PM
oooo hello neighbour!

if you hang out your bedroom window and i hang out mine- we can wave at each other!

:clapping: :clapping:

Demonjill
08-05-2009, 10:27 PM
:clapping: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Im doing too much laughing tonight!!:laughing: