PDA

View Full Version : Planning

SARAHW26
11-02-2008, 02:31 PM
Hi Everyone

I know this prob sounds really daft, but do Ofsted require me to observe my own baby and make records?

Sarah

sarah707
11-02-2008, 02:39 PM
No! You wouldn't need to do it for Ofsted...

You could do it for your own peace of mind I suppose, but not for any other reason... that's why I sometimes think it's so daft! Here we are producing reams of paper for other people's children... not for our own!

Plus, if a child doesn't go into any kind of daycare, are they missing out on not having their every move analysed? :laughing:

deeb66
11-02-2008, 02:41 PM
As sarah says....you don't have to do it for your own

If I had a young child of that age I probably would do it though:thumbsup:

jaz
12-02-2008, 06:37 PM
I had all good intentions of doing things like this for my 2 little ones, but never got that organised, and just spent the time with them instead :blush:

SARAHW26
13-02-2008, 08:05 PM
Thanks everyone, I think I will do one, just for me.

jumpinjen
13-02-2008, 08:14 PM
Hi sarah,

I haven't started my pre-reg yet, but I have done a lot of reading and have started 'practising' observations and planning on my two year old and ten month old!!

it is actually really interesting and I can keep it to show how I would do it to ofsted, and i'm ironing out the creases as i go, finding ways of making the process as user friendly and time conserving as possible.

It has really opened my eyes to the possibility of 'threads' where you take something that your child is interested in and find ways of expanding it... for example Eve was really into things that melted so we ended up playing with ice cubes in the bath (with food colouring in... the bath went a funny brown colour!!), making jellies, chocolate moulds, watching candles etc etc. It was really fun!!

makes a nice keepsake too I think!

Love, Jenni

Rubybubbles
13-02-2008, 08:14 PM
I did but not as intense as I do on the mindies:o , it's really nice to look back on

Good point Sarah haha are we now depriving our own children as we don't send them to day care:laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

SARAHW26
16-02-2008, 08:41 AM
thanks everyone