PDA

View Full Version : need advice

rolo
08-05-2009, 06:29 PM
Although I have been registered for over 18 months I only got children on roll in feb ( i was trying to do childminding inbetween the days i didn't work in my previous job but didn't work). I took on a bro and sis 3 weeks ago and have had probs with parent paying ( tax credit probs she said) last sat she phoned to say no longer needed chilcare and would pay what she owed today so being naive and too nice i decided to give her benefit of doubt i phoned to see when she would be dropping payment to me and she said her partner would around 6. 6.30 came i phoned again yes she said we will be on way just helping a friend move into a flat don't worry will pay you. Now 7.30pm! I do have a ncma contract with her and did explain it is 4 weeks notice have to give. Any advice about what to do would be gratefully received! :(

mushpea
08-05-2009, 07:57 PM
inform the ncma and write her a letter saying if payment is not met within 14 days you will be seeking legal advice to regain monies owed.
I had to do this and the leter from the solicitors was obviously scary enough as i recived my money shortly after they recived their letter!!!

Blackhorse
08-05-2009, 07:59 PM
I agree with mushpea.
if you send a letter and tell her you will be seeking legal advice (Or better still tell her you already have spoken to your legal team...) then that might be enough to make her pay

hope it all gets sorted for you quickly

FussyElmo
08-05-2009, 08:05 PM
Poor you on this. Its a lesson most of us have learnt money upfront. Write them a letter as the others have suggested and give NCMA a ring.

But if you dont feel like going down this road chalk it up to experiance and move on.

There are good parents out there who dont try it on.

Sending hugs :group hug: