PDA

View Full Version : Why did she have to go and tell me?

Minstrel
08-05-2009, 04:11 PM
I recently ordered 250 business cards from Vistaprint all ready to go for when I'm reg'd. I gave a couple to my mum to pass onto friends who were interested (they know i'm not quite reg'd).

But last night my mum rang me up to ask me if i knew there was a spelling mistake on them? No i didnt! I have spelt Environment missing an N out (enviroment). I actually didnt know it had the N in but now i do it looks soooooo wrong.

Now baring in mind i have to getnew ones made up very soon as i'm getting married so new name, should i re-order them anyway with the correct spelling? I'm cross i made the mistake but wish mum hadnt told me because i would have been none the wisier!

Chatterbox Childcare
08-05-2009, 04:15 PM
Be glad mum told you as prospective parents may have noticed the error and judged you on it.

I would order new ones in your married name - ready and waiting. You could give them out now and new parents would be none the wiser

madasahatter
08-05-2009, 04:16 PM
leave it for the time being and correct it when you get married. Most people won't notice

Daftbat
08-05-2009, 04:20 PM
Order the new ones when you have changed your name and in the meantime do what i do when someone notices a spelling mistake - tell them you did it on purpose to make sure at least someone reads it!!!!!!!!!:clapping:

Daddy Day Care
08-05-2009, 04:22 PM
I agree with Debbie, some people would have noticed the error and judged you, If they see your card before they see you they may think your not very professional.

Bushpig
08-05-2009, 04:43 PM
I would get new ones made up in your married name... I am a stickler for spelling and would notice it immediately.

huggableshelly
08-05-2009, 05:05 PM
same here .... order new in your new name

hand the ones you have there out, inform the parents there was a printing error ... blame is on vista LOL

give them to the mindees, mine loved playing with my old ones. I got bored of the design so ordered more

ORKSIE
08-05-2009, 05:09 PM
I'd blame it on the printers:thumbsup: :laughing:

Tatjana
08-05-2009, 05:57 PM
I've got to admit i'd be one of the people to judge on a spelling mistake.:blush:

It's not just an everyday typo it's something that should be professional, including correct spelling. I would get another batch printed.

xx

Gizmo
08-05-2009, 06:00 PM
I would get the new batch done too :thumbsup:

My dad works in a butchers and deliberatly spells things wrong on the board outside so people will come into the shop to tell him:laughing:

FizzysFriends
08-05-2009, 06:25 PM
I would get the new batch done too :thumbsup:

My dad works in a butchers and deliberatly spells things wrong on the board outside so people will come into the shop to tell him:laughing:

Did he used to watch open all hours?

Monkey1
08-05-2009, 06:28 PM
I made a spelling mistake on my car magnets:blush: :blush:

Minstrel
08-05-2009, 06:51 PM
i know your all right!

i just really dont want to have to do it!

:(

Ripeberry
08-05-2009, 06:55 PM
I spelt everything perfectly but put googlemail.co.uk instead of .com :censored: But then i hope most people would realise themselves .

Chell
08-05-2009, 07:13 PM
On the first adverts I had printed I put 'Sing with your baby' instead of 'sign with your baby'. :blush: :blush: :blush:

Minstrel
08-05-2009, 07:23 PM
On the first adverts I had printed I put 'Sing with your baby' instead of 'sign with your baby'. :blush: :blush: :blush:

that turns into a very different advert! :)

jibberjitz
10-05-2009, 05:53 PM
I'd order some more in your married name :)

Tatjana
10-05-2009, 06:49 PM

That's so funny!!!!!!!!:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

xx

AvrilMJS
10-05-2009, 10:41 PM
Hello folks.

New to the site and in my wandering through the threads I spotted this one.

When using Vistaprint be very careful when it comes to ordering. I have used them plenty of times but the last time I seemed to been unwillingly put into some scheme that involved taking money from my account each month. I managed to catch it as I check my banking all the time. Was not a huge amount but not the point.

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.html?t=202892 has something on it.

I would still use them but be very vary of what you are clicking on. As I have no idea how they conned me on this.

Cheers

Avril