PDA

View Full Version : Variation

cuffleygirl
08-05-2009, 12:23 PM
Advice please

I want to apply for a variation for continuity of care. At the moment I have two little ones 12 months and 18 months and my son 4 and a half - full time school in September.

The 18 month is Monday to Thursday and the 18 month old Wednesday and Friday. Here is the problem Mum of the 12 month old wants me to have her sibling age 3 on a Wednesday morning (her current childminder is giving up she was going to use the local nursery but has decided she prefers home-based care). My son will be at nursery for most of this time but obviously I am still reponsible for him. If I can't accomodate Mum says she have to look for someone who can accomodate this.

So I am providing continuity for the 12 month sibling.

What is the best way of going about this?

thanks in advance for help.

huggableshelly
08-05-2009, 12:51 PM
you need to write down what hours the children currently do then add the new hours for the variation times that you need. I'm pretty sure that Ofsted will not consider the fact that your child is in reschool due to days when he is home such as half term or if he is off sick so you sitll have to count him in your numbers.

Helen79
08-05-2009, 01:25 PM
I emailed ofsted with a scanned copy of my signature & told them all the current hours of my mindees & why I wanted a variation & briefly how I provide care for them.

Even though your son will still be in your numbers while he's at nursery, ofsted should take this into consideration. Do you have an emergency contact who would pick your child up from nursery in an emergency?

If you provide ofsted with enough information & back up why you would be able to offer care then it will help your case.