PDA

View Full Version : Obs for 10mth old

Kalila
08-05-2009, 12:01 PM
Would like some ideas on what you observe at this age? What have you written about? Thanks

nicole_kirsty
08-05-2009, 12:12 PM
Would like some ideas on what you observe at this age? What have you written about? Thanks

Hi,

Sorry cant help but i have a 10month old starting beginning of june and i would be very interested in the answer to this!!

Nicole x

Peppa
08-05-2009, 12:13 PM
I have an 8 month old and am curious to

grindal
08-05-2009, 12:48 PM
Hi
I am minding a 7 month old at the moment. I have done a few post it notes obs on him. They are things like his response to my own children, the first time he smiled at me, that he stuck his hands in glue when we were sticking the other day, that he likes toys that flash and make noises when he presses things, that he likes eating finger foods, that he grabbed food off my sons plate the other day, that he tries to use his own spoon when eating. However, I am very new to this - so could be a right load of old tosh!!!
Grindal

RainbowMum
08-05-2009, 12:50 PM
If you read through the development matters for this age then it will give you ideas what to look for and also what next steps might be.

avril
08-05-2009, 03:26 PM
What about starting with a sensory basket filled with lots of different things and see what attracts the child then carry on from there.

Allie
08-05-2009, 03:42 PM
Just link what you see to the Eyfs guidance and you can't go wrong

Allie

Kalila
08-05-2009, 08:34 PM
Thanks was thinking about a sensory basket!
xx

Joannechildmind
14-05-2009, 04:42 PM
what do you mean by a sensory basket?? :blush:

sarah707
14-05-2009, 04:57 PM
what do you mean by a sensory basket?? :blush:

A basket full of sensory stuff that baby can explore.

http://www.google.co.uk/search?hl=en&q=treasure+baskets+heuristic+play&btnG=Google+Search&meta=&aq=1&oq=treasure+baskets

venus89
14-05-2009, 05:23 PM

I am minding a 10 month old who I've had since 5 months. I've written about things like coordination, language development, social skills, physical development. the last one, for instance, was being able to pull himself up to standing. Also if he's really pleased with something he does.
You can also put anecdotal things in the obs book (although they have to be fact and not opinion) if the child did, for instance, something funny.

The Juggler
16-05-2009, 03:57 PM
the practice guidance is great for that age group look at the EYFS website, you will get

points to observe and note
effective practice
things to plan and do

For that age group it's the same as any others - looking at how curious and interested they are, how engaged in their play, are they 'talking' to you, are they trying to move about, are they starting to feed themselves, do they enjoy music.