PDA

View Full Version : Busy Bees vouchers... is this naughty?

berkschick
11-02-2008, 11:48 AM
Not wanting to break any laws or regulations here but Hubbie wondered how this would work!

His work is in the Busy Bees voucher scheme but we have never had the need to use them as I have always worked from home.

Obviously now I am registered a childminder and I have registered to accept Busy Bees vouchers.

Hubbie says that he should now take part in the scheme and pay them to me each month for Ella she is taking up a full time under 5 place.

I dont know if this is allowed or not! I know its not loads a month but it would give us about an extra £50 a month because of the tax not paid on the voucher amount he could claim.

Any thoughts?!

angeldelight
11-02-2008, 11:55 AM
I really do not have any idea on this one Debbie but not sure if you would be able to because although your daughter counts in your numbers you are not stricktly childminding her are you

Not sure sorry

Angel xx

Pipsqueak
11-02-2008, 11:55 AM
Hmmm I can see your reasoning behind it and have often wondered of this would be acceptable!

TBH I cannot see that it would be considered right though:( sadly.

Tis a cunning plan nevertheless!!

Banana
11-02-2008, 11:57 AM
Not sure either... think it may be a no no though

x

berkschick
11-02-2008, 12:10 PM
Yeah, I think it is a bit naughty too.

Would hate to get into trouble for the sake of £50 a month!

sarah707
11-02-2008, 02:32 PM
I wouldn't risk it... sorry! :panic:

deeb66
11-02-2008, 02:40 PM
Yeah, I think it is a bit naughty too.

Would hate to get into trouble for the sake of £50 a month!

Yes....you would get in trouble.

If you were not allowed to do it then you would be committing fraud!

I don't know 100% but I would have thought that you couldn't do it as this is your own child....sorry

Spangles
11-02-2008, 02:52 PM
I would put money on that being fraudulent! I wouldn't risk it if it were me.

Good try though! :)

berkschick
11-02-2008, 04:48 PM
It was only a thought, I havent actually done it, honest guv!! :D

jaz
11-02-2008, 05:41 PM
'tis a good idea, but dont think it is very legal. Wouldn't go there to be honest, you are opening yourself to lots of problems if you are not careful

berkschick
11-02-2008, 07:01 PM
NO, I would NEVER do anything illegal, was just interested in other peoples opinions :)

Rubybubbles
11-02-2008, 07:09 PM
:eek: but if you put her into a creche a few morning a week you could use them! A childminder in my last place, had her sone in 5 morings a week and claimed for it got the whole lot back;)

But I childmind so I can spend time with my children;)

berkschick
11-02-2008, 07:12 PM
Me too Emma, I have never left any of my children anywhere and I dont want to start now!

susi513
11-02-2008, 08:02 PM
You can't claim the childcare element of tax credits for your own children so I would guess the same applies to the childcare vouchers.

I don't think its right, I think you should be allowed to claim either of these if your child(ren) are under eight and restricting your income by taking up one of your registered places. But I don't make the rules, sorry!

LittleMissSparkles
12-02-2008, 02:25 PM
I would put money on that being fraudulent! I wouldn't risk it if it were me.

Good try though! :)

I agree with Lorri it would be fraud and youd get in deep water xxx

Lincsminder
12-02-2008, 03:36 PM
There is a slight flaw in the tax credit system. If two neighbours/ friends registered sent their children to each other charging £100 a week (tax credits paying 90% so £90 and parent £10). Each person would be £90 a week better off.

childminder54
12-02-2008, 04:58 PM
re these vouches how do they work ive a new child starting in may and they have asked me about them.

thanks veronicaxxx:laughing: :laughing:

DCS
17-02-2008, 03:48 PM
Yes its wrong, because of the close relationship. Remember childminders cant leagaly accept payment for providing care to close relatives. If that were the case then I'd my 2 niece's and nephews all lined up!

manjay
17-02-2008, 04:04 PM
Remember childminders cant leagaly accept payment for providing care to close relatives. If that were the case then I'd my 2 niece's and nephews all lined up!

Are you sure? Lots of minders get registered to look after neices/nephews/grandchildren! Why would you not be able to accept money just because you are related?

amanda xx

DCS
17-02-2008, 04:11 PM
Are you sure? Lots of minders get registered to look after neices/nephews/grandchildren! Why would you not be able to accept money just because you are related?

amanda xx

sorry, got confused with the quote below:
A childminder is someone who looks after someone elses children (under eight years old):

* - in their own home;
* - for more than two hours a day; and
* - receives a reward for the service.

Childminders are required to register with Ofsted (the Office for Standards in Education, Children's Services and Skills) under the Children Act 1989 and are inspected every year.

Close relatives, such as grandparents, uncles or aunts, are not required to register. However, relatives can and should register if the parent wants to claim working tax credits towards childcare costs.

Paper work's getting my knickers in a twist!

manjay
17-02-2008, 04:13 PM
Paper work's getting my knickers in a twist!

Don't worry!! Mine are well and truly twisted!!

amanda xx

Pipsqueak
17-02-2008, 04:37 PM
Don't worry!! Mine are well and truly twisted!!

amanda xx

I heard you go commando!!! lol;) :laughing: :laughing:

manjay
17-02-2008, 06:27 PM
I heard you go commando!!! lol;) :laughing: :laughing:

Well they were twisted so often I thought it would be easier to go without!!

amanda xx