PDA

View Full Version : what do i need to do to be ready

mozarella
08-05-2009, 09:55 AM
I am looking for mindees, i have all my policies ready, leaflets ready, i am waiting to have one child sign up until i buy my ncma registration with inssurance and also i will wait to see what age child i will be looking after to buy toys are my current toys are baby orientated. I am aslo waiting to buy a double buggy but i know which one i want.

So what else can i do so it is not too much of a rush once i get a child signed up.

I can buy a attendance diary (maybe)
a daily notebook for the child
a frame for my registration certificate

what else could I do?

Daftbat
08-05-2009, 10:39 AM
You sound like you have most things covered. I would suggest getting a few toys which are for other age groups then if someone comes to see you about minding they can see that you have age appropriate things and the child could play with them whilst you talk to parent.

Good Luck:thumbsup:

youarewhatyoueat
08-05-2009, 11:29 AM
Get down to a few car boots to stock up on bits, you could make a continuous provision folder which I use to list loads of activities,arts and crafts ideas, I download things from sparklebox and this school one is good to use for dates etc.

http://www.woodlands-junior.kent.sch.uk/customs/calendars/

I also list websites in my folder and whats on them to save me an age hunting for things.Have you got an early years passport to give to the parents to fill out with details about the child.I've just done a simple version if you want to look pm me.
Caroline

ps when you register with ncma you'll get a pack with a register

Tatjana
08-05-2009, 03:12 PM
Heya! We are in the same boat, ready, waiting and willing but no mindee!:p

I'm also waiting until last minute to sort out insurance.

Wish i'd ordered my business cards and postcards earlier or at least had the sense to pay for a quicker delivery, have to wait until 21st May now:(

Have you got your first aid kit? I went to Tescos today and forgot to buy it, duuuhhh!

Looks like i'm in for another long wait, this time to go on the ************* website, are you on yet?

xx

mozarella
08-05-2009, 03:22 PM
no havent got my first aid kit, i need to get this sorted. I am on the childcare link since this morning so finger crossed I will get some phone calls soon

Tatjana
08-05-2009, 03:33 PM
Ooh that's good news, hope your phone is ringing very soon!:thumbsup:

xx

Allie
08-05-2009, 03:37 PM
What about getting any safety equipment ready?

Allie

Zoomie
09-05-2009, 09:27 PM
i'm not reg yet, but i've got my first enquiry coming to see me wednesday. they were referred to me by two other cm i know who are full / stopping.

are you friendly with other cms in your area ?

Bitsy Beans
10-05-2009, 08:26 AM
Get friendly with the local CM's. They are your best source of work. I've done a leaflet drop, on the CIS website etc but it's the other CM's that seem to know about work coming available.

I wouldn't buy an attendance register, just make a one on word and print several blank copies off. Can you tell I am trying to do things as cheaply as possible.

I've got my NCMA insurance already as my local council pay for my first year. So its just going to waste as I am still trying to get any work.....

jibberjitz
10-05-2009, 05:58 PM
Sounds like your ready - hope the phone starts ringing soon :thumbsup: