PDA

View Full Version : risk ass - do we need????

Trouble
07-05-2009, 06:20 PM
to do a personal risk ass per child?????

my friend reckons you do but im not sure:idea:

sarah707
07-05-2009, 06:28 PM
I have a general risk assessment for the teenagers... I talked about it the other day on here somewhere. It focusses my nagging.

I also used to have a RA for a child a few years ago who has ADHD and autism. He was, quite frankly, dangerous to have around some days and sharing a RA / personal plan sort of document with his family helped me to sort out the important issues vs the ones that could be ignored.

I don't have one for the other children but if there was an accident / incident then I would use that information to feed back into my RAs... maybe that is what your friend is thinking about?? :D

Trouble
07-05-2009, 06:31 PM
no she has one for each child

and informed me i need them:angry: :angry: :angry:

unless there is a reason i dont think they need one but then all kids are risky:laughing:

sophiestars
07-05-2009, 09:11 PM
A cm friend of mine was told at her inspection to do one on a little girl she had (her only mindee) who was just starting to pull herself up to stand. It was given as a recommendation because they couldn't find much else!
I am going to do one for each of mine (I have 4 ranging from 7 months to 3 1/2) but not in mega detail just the basics so ofsted can see I am thinking about the risks.

Hebs
07-05-2009, 09:38 PM
I also used to have a RA for a child a few years ago who has ADHD and autism. He was, quite frankly, dangerous to have around some days

yeah i can relate :laughing:

i actually thought my son having ADHD would stop me being registered :o

i don't think i'll do a child specific risk assessment as risk assessments are ment to cover the risks for all children and the age related differences :thumbsup:

Chatterbox Childcare
08-05-2009, 07:33 AM
This subject makes me chuckle.

Why would you need to risk assess every child? What would you do with it and how could you change it?

Trouble
08-05-2009, 12:32 PM
thats why im not doing it:panic: :panic: :panic:

RainbowMum
08-05-2009, 12:38 PM
I cant see it being necessary unless a child brings a higher level of risk to the setting than normal - not going to put it on my to do list thats a fact!