PDA

View Full Version : Timewaster!

Mummits
07-05-2009, 05:48 PM
I'm so fed up and mad. Rushed home from playgroup this morning, mad rush to have lunch and tidy after as parent/potential customer had insisted on coming to visit at lunchtime with her daughter. Waited all afterenoon trying to play "tidily" and of course she didn't show - or phone or text or anything. Gave up and went to pick up kids from school and found the same woman had done the same thing earlier this week to another of the local CMs I talk to in the playground. How can people be so ignorant and mean? Is there anything we can do to warn off other local minders (I know we have to respect customers' privacy but she's not my customer and never will be!)

Tatjana
07-05-2009, 05:50 PM
How irritating, no wonder you're fuming.

I'd be tempted to text her and say you waited in over 2 hours for her, what happened, is everything ok???

xx

Alibali
07-05-2009, 05:52 PM
:angry: :angry: no wonder you are cross, better off without clients like that anyway.

helenlc
07-05-2009, 07:35 PM
I called a lady once who was due to come and see me. She was due at 7pm as she wanted OH to come after he had finished work. My OH took our 2 children out so I could have peace and quiet and then they didnt show up.:mad:

So about 8pm, I called her. OH answered and I asked to speak to the mum. He asked who it was and I said Helen, the childminder she was due to see earlier this evening. He went Hold on, obviously spoke to her and then said She is in the bath and will call you back. An hour later, she hadnt called so I called back and she said Sorry and they would call again to reshedule - she never did.

It really :censored: me off that they dont think we have anything better to do than wait around to see if they turn up. It annoys me when they do it during the day as it spoils the mindees day if we are waiting in. It also annoys me when they do it in our time ie the evening/weekend as we have given that up for them.

Rant over - sorry:blush:

Toothfairy
07-05-2009, 07:52 PM
:angry: :angry: :censored: :angry: :angry:

Demonjill
07-05-2009, 08:16 PM
:angry: life is far too short for these timewasters isnt it?

emler
07-05-2009, 08:20 PM
No wonder you're annoyed - it's a major down side of the job!

Buzz Lightyear
07-05-2009, 08:21 PM
It's soooo not fair but believe me, it wont be a one off. I've had a few already and initially, I'd get so cross about them but to be honest, I'm glad they didn't come otherwise I wouldn't have had places for the mindees I have now.

Try to keep your chin up and oh, you're learn not to make everything so clean and tidy next time. The parents are coming to see you and yes, it's nice to have a neat and tidy house but if they dont like me which is what they're paying for, then.... onto the next. I used to do a spring clean practically everytime a parent was scheduled. I dont bother now :D Not that I am a mucky so and so but I dont bother too much if I have a few bits on the carpet :thumbsup:

mummyof3
07-05-2009, 09:02 PM
Had same thing last week myself. Mum was supposed to come one night and she rang me to change time from 8pm to 9pm I said that was fine. She rang at 9pm and said hubby wasnt home so would come next week instead. I was angry because I'd cleaned most of the day and persuaded my 3yr ds to keep it clean!! Was happy she rang me and thought that was a good sign she was still interested.
Anyway the new date came and I spent ages cleaning again and she rang me 10 mins before she was due and said she wasn't coming she has already found someone now.:angry:

Sadly I think that is what we are up against.

Ally
08-05-2009, 02:18 PM
It has happened to me several times in the past - after a while you get a feel for those ones on the phone! I usually put them off before they get to me! :)
I used to clean my house up as well but recently have found that parents prefer to see how you work then how you clean your house!!! ;)

Ally

Mouse
08-05-2009, 02:27 PM
It has happened to me several times in the past - after a while you get a feel for those ones on the phone! I usually put them off before they get to me! :)
I used to clean my house up as well but recently have found that parents prefer to see how you work then how you clean your house!!! ;)

Ally

I agree completely. You do get a feel for the ones that are going to be no-shows.

When I have an enquiry I make sure I take their phone number & phone them beforehand to check they are still coming. Then, if they're not here after half an hour I can phone them to find out why & if necessary tell them to forget it!