PDA

View Full Version : would you charge??

aly
07-05-2009, 04:16 PM
my b&a schoolies are sent to me with a 2 week shift pattern as mum works shifts.

she came to me last week and said I would be havign them Tues pm, wed am & pm and thurs pm
I then get a text tuesday saying I wouldnt need to have them weds pm as her shift was cancelled.

Now would you still charge her for the weds pm even though she tells me the day before I wouldnt need them?

thanks

rickysmiths
07-05-2009, 04:21 PM
Yes I probably would. What does it say in your contract though?

When I do revolving contracts I usually charge for a set number of days and they have to pay if they are used or not. If they use another day as well they pay for that on top. No swapping days. After all you are keeping the time available for them to use aren't you.

Andrea08
07-05-2009, 04:21 PM
OMG im confused.com lol

how many "Shifts"should you do each week if its 4 then charge for 4 if child turns up or not,,

hope that helps

Mouse
07-05-2009, 04:37 PM
It depends what you agreed in your contract. If you said they only have to pay for the days they come then you can't charge.

For my shift workers I charge a mimimum number of days per week, usually 3. If they come for less than that they still have to pay for 3. I don't let them carry days over either (ie. they can't come 2 days one week, but 4 days the next to make up for it. They would pay 3 days for the first week & 4 for the second.) If they'd cancelled a day at short notice they would still have to pay.

aly
07-05-2009, 04:42 PM
OMG im confused.com lol

how many "Shifts"should you do each week if its 4 then charge for 4 if child turns up or not,,

hope that helps
I decided to charge :thumbsup:

there is no set days a week ...I shot myself in the foot when I took these on as I should have done a set amount for the week but I didnt.....I will learn by my mistake lol. Next review , things will be different lol

MissTinkerbell
07-05-2009, 04:50 PM
Mine pay a set hours per week fee in advance and then I make adjustments for the following month - if that makes sense?

But yes I would charge - you'd been told those hours and if she cancelled at last minute then charge. If you'd cancelled would be different.