PDA

View Full Version : Swine Flu

Deb
07-05-2009, 03:40 PM
I have written my swine flu policy and distributed it today, i mostly got sighs and one parent even screwed it up without reading it and asked me to bin it for her. What have been your reactions?

jellytot
07-05-2009, 03:45 PM
she screwed it up and put it in the bin :eek: :eek: :eek: how extreemly rude!!!!! regardless of her views on the matter that is awful. She obviously knew you had put time and effort into it and to just disregard it in this way :angry: :angry:

sorry but it makes my blood boil sometimes the way people are

Alibali
07-05-2009, 03:56 PM
How very rude of her, I'm sure she won't be as thoughtless if her family all end up ill.

rickysmiths
07-05-2009, 04:05 PM
You need to get them to sign to say they have recieved a copy, read it and agree to it.

As you have given them out today you could have the form ready in the morning for them to sign.

Have a spare copy of the policy for this parent as they may want to read it before they sign!!!!!:panic: If they still are not interested then make a note on the signing sheet.

Then write them a letter explaining that if you have to impliment the policy it will apply to all your contracted families even if they have not taken a copy so for their information you enclose one. Then with this on you records at least you have done all you reasonably can and the family can't complain at a future date.

Then all you can do is keep all the families updated of what is happening in your news letters.

They should realise that we all have to have plans in place. I have had a letter from the Head of Early Years and Childcare in our county this morning.

Asking us to read the following: Care Providers - are you prepared? Guide.

Here is the link:

www.hertsdirect.org/younginherts the document is on the site under the title above. Click on the link at the top of the page.

They also direct us to:

www.teachernet.gov/humanflupandemic.

I have given my parents the link to teachernet so they can read the info themselves.

Mouse
07-05-2009, 04:47 PM
OMG, how rude!

I put a section about swine flu in this month's newsletter & attached the guidelines we were given for childminders. I said that although the chances of getting swine flu might seen very slight, it's wise to be prepared & it's also a good oportunity to have a reminder of my hygiene & illness policies.

So far I've had no negative comments...that's assuming they've read the newsletter :rolleyes:

Deb
07-05-2009, 06:45 PM
mouse would you be kind enough to email me one of your newsletters please?

I wasnt too upset tbh, she is a gp and is up to her neck in Swine Flu - she told me when she first came that she had no time for policies and would go along with whatever but not to pile her with more paperwork. lol

vickylou
08-05-2009, 05:50 PM
I live in Machester, borough of Trafford and they sent us all an information sheet last week, so I photocopied it and gave it to all my parents, they all said 'Ho Hum', said they thought everything been said is propaganda!! Another parent said ' Well I'm not going to Mexico' Unbelievable!!

I discussed it with the children at the begining of the week, and since then I've gone through a full box of tissues, can see its going to cost a fortune!!

I have invested though in a couple of soap dispensers and filled them with antibacterial hand sanitiser, so the children can regularly disinfect their hands. Of course they think this is fantastic.