PDA

View Full Version : any ideas what crafty things to do with thousands of pink paper coasters

PaulaR
07-05-2009, 11:19 AM
I have been given a whole pack of pink paper coasters for glasses. They are about 3 inches across and have a pretty scalloped edge. Apart from making flowers and using them as wheels on a picture, I don't know what to do.
Have tried cutting them up, they make little triangels, could layer them on a picture but again, I can't think.
Any ideas anyone?

Saranotts
07-05-2009, 11:32 AM
what about a flower garland, you could use the coasters, some scrunched up tissue paper and straws. Or save them and use them to go round paper hearts on Valentines day.

Or even better if you have after schoolers make it into a game for them and give a small prize for whoever thinks up the best idea (my lot, normally have far better ideas than I do:blush: )

Sara

Pedagog
07-05-2009, 11:35 AM
Oh I don't know.

Cut into thirds and use on pictures as ladies skirts.

Paper ribbons attached to make rosettes

TheBTeam
07-05-2009, 11:37 AM
Oooh you creative lot, i could only think of flowers!

Winnie
07-05-2009, 12:02 PM
Stick numbers or letters on them and decorate your playroom walls.

uf353432
07-05-2009, 12:18 PM
make piggies, cut them into smaller circles to make the different body parts - the biggest being the body.

fold in half stick 2 together in half and a pipe cleaner and you have a butterfly

cut to centre and make into cones to hold flowers or sweeties

Use as doilies for a teddy tea party

have a treasure hunt around the garden, who ever collects the most wins a prize

stick 2 together 75% away around, add some string and decorate to make little purses/handbags

colour them in and attach to a cocktail stick to make little umbrellas.

Colour them in with differnt paints and make weather symbols (lots of grey ones for clouds, the sun)

colour them in and make planets?

ummmmmmmm oops now I am spent of ideas for now. But you watch just as I fall off to sleep tonight I'll think of something else lol!

estrelas
07-05-2009, 12:58 PM
make piggies, cut them into smaller circles to make the different body parts - the biggest being the body.

fold in half stick 2 together in half and a pipe cleaner and you have a butterfly

cut to centre and make into cones to hold flowers or sweeties

Use as doilies for a teddy tea party

have a treasure hunt around the garden, who ever collects the most wins a prize

stick 2 together 75% away around, add some string and decorate to make little purses/handbags

colour them in and attach to a cocktail stick to make little umbrellas.

Colour them in with differnt paints and make weather symbols (lots of grey ones for clouds, the sun)

colour them in and make planets?

ummmmmmmm oops now I am spent of ideas for now. But you watch just as I fall off to sleep tonight I'll think of something else lol!

Crikey, how did you get all them????

misst104
07-05-2009, 01:00 PM
Crikey, how did you get all them????

You took the words right out of my mouth Kerri!!!!!! Do you want to come and live at my house please uf353432 ;) Please, please, pretty please :D

xxx Jo

uf353432
08-05-2009, 02:50 PM
ha ha - not sure my hubby would approve if I moved out! who would breastfeed the baby? :laughing:

PaulaR
08-05-2009, 06:35 PM
thank you all so much. I think we'll do the garlands at toddlers as thats where I got my packet and they have even more than I do in the cupboards.
And i liked the butterfly idea and the teddy bears picnic and the treasure hunt,
thanks

misst104
08-05-2009, 06:43 PM
ha ha - not sure my hubby would approve if I moved out! who would breastfeed the baby? :laughing:

Baby can come too :laughing:

xxx