PDA

View Full Version : Temporary care

louise
07-05-2009, 10:53 AM
Hi, I've got a mum coming round tom. Well she is walking home form school with me!!! She is looking for someone to care for her ds while her current cm has an operation. It will be for only 5 weeks.

Now what would you do in regards to EYFS? He will be here for 19hours a week if he does come. Also would you ask current cm to give you a bit of info? Like places they go, routine ect?

Thank you.
Louise

Heaven Scent
07-05-2009, 12:19 PM
I'd ask to meet the other minder and mum then ask her to pass on all his paperwork - obs- learning journeys etc and continue on with her work and theb pass it back and that will provide strict continuity of care and show you are working in partnership with other professionals. I'd also ask to see any accident sheets too.

Pedagog
07-05-2009, 12:47 PM
I have a little one at the moment who has been with me for 4 weeks so far, while CM on maternity leave. I have followed EYFS fully (more so then LO's normal CM:blush: , Mum keeps saying "oh that's great, So & So never does that").

Lick'le Oakes
07-05-2009, 01:10 PM
Do you still do a contract or can you do a tempoary one of your own. Also would you charge in advance and a deposit. I too have a lady coming this afternoon to discuss care for 4 weeks, so any help would be appreciated,

louise
07-05-2009, 04:30 PM
Thank you for the advice. I was thinking of asking if i could visit the child at the cms aswell as doing sessions here. The child goes to someone i don't know, hope its a nice one if i visit them. More nervous of making small talk on the way home. Turns out my son knows her older son but not well, so at least they can play together.
I'm planing on using a normal contract as i don't have any temp ones.

The Juggler
07-05-2009, 05:06 PM
Thank you for the advice. I was thinking of asking if i could visit the child at the cms aswell as doing sessions here. The child goes to someone i don't know, hope its a nice one if i visit them. More nervous of making small talk on the way home. Turns out my son knows her older son but not well, so at least they can play together.
I'm planing on using a normal contract as i don't have any temp ones.

Also invite her to your house, would be good for little one to come with her to settle in.

I don't have separate contracts either - should look into it, the NCMA long ones are very expensive for just a few weeks