PDA

View Full Version : Help in writing a variation letter please..

MissTinkerbell
07-05-2009, 09:35 AM
I wonder if all you lovely people can help me in wording a letter to Ofsted for a variation?

Its unlikely that I will be granted the variation because its a new child and there is no specific continuity of care issue. I phoned Ofsted yesterday and they said unlikely but I could still go ahead and write the letter and see how it goes.

The situation is that mum would like to start from June 2nd but my full timer leaves me on 17th July. Current mindee is 2yrs and 5 mths and attends preschool 2 afternoons a week and her hours are 8.30am -5pm. New mindee is 18 months and would attend 7.30am - 4pm once again full time.

I also have 3 year old twins of my own who attend preschool 3 afternoons a week.

How can I word a letter that will convince Ofsted to grant me a variation for 7 weeks? I shall be so disappointed if they don't because the LO is delightful and seemed so settled when she came - she didn't want to go home. Mum was lovely too and was very keen for me to have her daughter.

I somehow need to say that mum wants the place and would have to put her daughter with someone else (and nobody has any spaces in this area at the moment) for the 7 weeks before moving her to me from the end of July. Having had twins I have all the practical equipment, such as high chairs, travel cots, spare car seats and twin buggy to cope with 2 little ones. Also having been a teacher for 12 years I feel that I'm able to meet the needs of 4 under 5s and have plenty of toys and resources to meet the learning and development needs.

I'm struggling with how to word it.

Thank you in advance.

huggableshelly
07-05-2009, 09:39 AM
you need to state the exact hours where you will be over your numbers as it isnt all day every day its just a few hours each day ... this may help with your request.

State that the 3 other children will be in preschool giving the new mindee one to one then shared overlapped time being for 3 hours or whatever it maybe (forgot already)

I wouldnt state that mum will need to find care for 7 wks to cover as ofsted may see this as an option. I'm not great at wording things but hope that helps a little.

youarewhatyoueat
07-05-2009, 10:00 AM
You've just written what you need to put!!!

MissTinkerbell
07-05-2009, 12:05 PM
Thanks!!!!