PDA

View Full Version : Do you have nicknames for your mindees?

venus89
07-05-2009, 08:41 AM
Affectionate ones, I mean, not cruel ones :laughing:

I seem to have given all of mine nicknames ('H..... Bean', no idea why, but we all call him 'Bean' nearly as much as his real name.....). Am I alone in this?

ORKSIE
07-05-2009, 08:46 AM
I don't have nick names but i call em all by everyother mindees name except their own IYSWIM.
I go through all the kids names except there's, in the end i just say "What eva your name is" Kids think its hillarious:laughing:

venus89
07-05-2009, 08:52 AM
I don't have nick names but i call em all by everyother mindees name except their own IYSWIM.
I go through all the kids names except there's, in the end i just say "What eva your name is" Kids think its hillarious:laughing:

Oh I do that too - I have 2 with very similar names and always get them muddled up. I used to mind an Anabella and an Isabelle at the same time - they had to become Bella and Issy (both names their mums used for them anyway) so I could cope :laughing:

Mind yo I muddle up my kids names sometimes and they're different sexes.... And the cats names.....

amirose
07-05-2009, 09:04 AM
The worst is when you shout (and by this I mean raise my voice :D ) at the wrong kid!

Your trying to tell off X but accidentally shout Y, X thinks is hilarious and Y looks like they are about to burst into tears! :panic: :laughing:

ORKSIE
07-05-2009, 09:07 AM
Oh I do that too - I have 2 with very similar names and always get them muddled up. I used to mind an Anabella and an Isabelle at the same time - they had to become Bella and Issy (both names their mums used for them anyway) so I could cope :laughing:

Mind yo I muddle up my kids names sometimes and they're different sexes.... And the cats names.....

:laughing: :laughing: Do you call your kids by the cats names! Ive done that:blush:
:laughing: :laughing:

venus89
07-05-2009, 09:08 AM
:laughing: :laughing: Do you call your kids by the cats names! Ive done that:blush:
:laughing: :laughing:

:laughing: No.... not yet, though I have called the cats by the kids names.....

BUT I do call my husband by my sons name sometimes..... I don't know what that says about their respective levels of maturity :laughing: :blush:

venus89
07-05-2009, 09:09 AM
The worst is when you shout (and by this I mean raise my voice :D ) at the wrong kid!

Your trying to tell off X but accidentally shout Y, X thinks is hilarious and Y looks like they are about to burst into tears! :panic: :laughing:

Yep, done that :blush:

Pudding Girl
07-05-2009, 09:10 AM
Kanarabanana and Beano and everyone gets called Honey at some point in the day :blush: no nickname for newest one though it's only 2nd week lol

and when my hubby is here and 3 of the mindees are here, they are all K names and it gets bLOOMING! confusing.

Pipsqueak
07-05-2009, 09:41 AM
E is called Little Bud and I is called Miss P (Miss Princess)

Often I go through everyones name including the my own kids, neices, nephews, kids friends, neighbours kids/cat/dog and my own dogs to get to the one I want or else I am all of a fuzzy and just go 'you, whats your name???' lol:laughing:

ORKSIE
07-05-2009, 09:48 AM
Often I go through everyones name including the my own kids, neices, nephews, kids friends, neighbours kids/cat/dog and my own dogs to get to the one I want or else I am all of a fuzzy and just go 'you, whats your name???' lol:laughing:

I am so glad I not alone:clapping:

huggableshelly
07-05-2009, 09:59 AM
I have too many most get called the same name now and they all turn to see who I'm really talking too LOL

T is known as missy as her mum calls her that and she responds quicker lol
then I have 2 M's big M and little M even the mindees call them big and little too
then I have another T aka any name he wants me to call him each day ... he is going through that ... I'm peter pan today and will only respond to peterpan or whatever other character he wants to be.

I even manage to get my own kiddies names wrong!

Bushpig
07-05-2009, 10:04 AM
Honky Tonky, Missy Moo, Sausage - names the mindees gave eachother! :laughing: ... 'my love'... 'honey' used by me all the time too :)

Winnie
07-05-2009, 10:48 AM
E is called Little Bud and I is called Miss P (Miss Princess)

Oh yes :laughing: but i did have 4 children & i'm easily confused :confused: I have got it wrong with mindies too...so after saying the wrong name a few times (call me fussy too) i have been known to look at the child (who's in fits of laughter) & say 'whatsyourname?' :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

As for mindie nicknames, honeybun is the name that slips out more often than not- i just can not help it- they're so sweet :o

Winnie
07-05-2009, 10:49 AM
[I have got it wrong with mindies too...so after saying the wrong name a few times (call me fussy too) i have been known to look at the child (who's in fits of laughter) & say 'whatsyourname?' :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Fuzzy! not fussy :laughing: what am i like :laughing:

nannysue
07-05-2009, 11:20 AM
:laughing: No.... not yet, though I have called the cats by the kids names.....

BUT I do call my husband by my sons name sometimes..... I don't know what that says about their respective levels of maturity :laughing: :blush:

I'm sorry but the comment about the cats really made me laugh out loud:ROFL1:

venus89
07-05-2009, 11:36 AM
I'm sorry but the comment about the cats really made me laugh out loud:ROFL1:

:laughing: :blush:
I take some comfort from the fact that both my daughter and stepdaughter sometimes call me 'daddy' and the old man 'mummy' by mistake - at least it's not just me :laughing:

Hebs
07-05-2009, 11:45 AM
my thursday mindee gets called

Caitie (said Katie) mashed potatie :laughing:
mum calls her it and my kids think it's funny

venus89
07-05-2009, 11:49 AM
my thursday mindee gets called

Caitie (said Katie) mashed potatie :laughing:
mum calls her it and my kids think it's funny

:laughing: bless.... 'H..... Bean' sounds less strange now

lauredt
07-05-2009, 12:18 PM
I always refer to my mindees as "the 3 Musketeers" and yes they all fit the description of the caped heroes, I have a Thinker, an Action Man and a Lover of food! However, when I talk to them, they are poussins/lapins/poulains/ chatons...We do French farm animals every day of the week!

As for my own 3 children, they also get each others' names, as well as mindees' and the cat's. Until I reach the "you, child number 2" moment.. And the cat gets my youngest' name very often as the boy is always into mischief and the cat always in my legs. And my husband, who is only 42, gets called Grandad by one of my mindees (20months) probably because of his "greying" hair and he is not too pleased about it. I have to laugh, as I am still only Mummy to them. (thank you L'Oreal):p

loocyloo
07-05-2009, 12:44 PM
i have a LO we call BOO ... 'cos when he was a baby, my DD who is only 15mth older couldn't say his name, and called him BOOBOO ... it stuck!

i tend to rhyme the childrens names ie 'fred bed' !

the afterschool children went through a phase of all calling eaching other and me ( !!! )their 'backwards' name!!! ie fred would be 'derf' ... and for a few weeks wouldn't even answer to anything else! i felt so silly in the park!

all get called 'pudding' or 'sweetiepie' by me at the moment .. but that changes too!

and yes ... all children (and DH) are interchangable with the cat! :D

x

PixiePetal
07-05-2009, 12:59 PM
Generally they are sweetpea / honeybun / poppet

Two 4 year old boys are Batman and Robin - a real doubleact on their morning together :laughing:

Daftbat
07-05-2009, 04:42 PM
Everyone in my house ends up being enrolled into the "daft bat" club at some stage. It started years ago when i affectionately said to one mindee that he was being a daft bat - meaning silly(in a good way), over something. Its grown from there and now if you ask them all they are proud to be "daft bats". Thought about calling my setting "the Daft Bat Club" but never got round to it.

I have a situation too where the dog and two of the mindees names all rhyme which means i get confused (easily done in my case anyway!)

venus89
07-05-2009, 05:28 PM
:clapping: I feel ten years younger. Ever since I hit 30 my brain has sturted turning into a puddle of goo. i thought the name muddling was my advanced age but seeing as you ladies are undoubtedly younger as well as more beautiful I know it's only due to..... um...... too much fruit?

nannymcflea
07-05-2009, 05:41 PM
I have 2 begining with L and we call my youngest Louie then in the holidays I have another L...that does get very confusing.

Most get called Donuts throughout the day when they do something silly.

I do tend to lengthen names or add L....ie on the end or give them extra rhyming bits on the end.

My daughters name is actually Anabel but Louie has stuck...apart from when repremarnding!:laughing:

Chimps Childminding
07-05-2009, 06:36 PM
One lo i had at 18 months I called Tinkerbell - I still call her Tinkerbell and she is almost 11 now - not always impressed when I call it her when she is out :blush:

Another one is called roly poly - because it rhymes with her surname!

And my eldest son is called waggle - because my youngest couldn't say michael when he was little, and used to call him waggle - much to his disgust it has stuck :laughing:

Lady Haha
07-05-2009, 07:12 PM
ah! Yes! I call one Scallywag as the first bit rhymes with her name and it just soooooo suits her! She likes it, I even call her it in her birthday cards etc! I call another one Squizzle, she is an Izzy (Isobel), she likes it too! They are just names that came out one day and stuck! The other kids don't have names I can easily adapt into nicknames! My own son hates his though!! He does ballet, so I call him twinkle toes:laughing: , only when it's just me and him though!

sue
07-05-2009, 07:22 PM
Oh I do that too - I have 2 with very similar names and always get them muddled up. I used to mind an Anabella and an Isabelle at the same time - they had to become Bella and Issy (both names their mums used for them anyway) so I could cope

snap :laughing:my kids hate it when l call them the wrong each others names but l always doing it !!!!!!!!

wendywu
07-05-2009, 10:52 PM
I have a charley farley, an elly belly, faithy wafey and a sethy wefty. A Dills a Phebes a von von. It sounds really silly now.:panic:

They all get called pickle and now and then whinge bucket:eek:

singlewiththree
08-05-2009, 06:03 AM
My daughters seem to have one for the 1yr old they just repeat his name twice (weird)

My mum was a childminder and she had a lad called stephen, she called him stevie wonder, stevie in front of his mum and his mum told her off and said his name was stephen and that is what they wanted him to be called so we all had to stop calling him Stevie, even though it really suited him. Ah well.

I tend to have affection names for them when I talk to other people such as the "hoover", "flitter" and "the temp"

hello kitty
08-05-2009, 06:30 AM
Yep, I manage to create nicknames for them all. The fav at the moment is Lilly the Pink ~ the parents love it. :D

littletreasures
08-05-2009, 06:35 AM
Not at the moment. A couple of them get cross if I call them something else!!

Minstrel
08-05-2009, 05:53 PM
we used to make up silly names for my eldest but when he started talking he would say i'm not 'such-and-such, i'm just James'!!!!

so now we call him Just James :D

charleyfarley
08-05-2009, 06:03 PM
All mine are called chicken or poppet most of the time, it's easier than going through all the names before I say the right one :laughing:

Carol xx

FussyElmo
08-05-2009, 06:34 PM
my mindee is dilly and she thinks my dd is named poppet. Collectiveley(sp) the children are the tribe :)

Chatterbox Childcare
08-05-2009, 07:05 PM
usually not their own name - pain is used a lot!!! :laughing: :laughing:

RedDragon
08-05-2009, 07:10 PM
I call one of my mindees YAM because everytime I say "....... put your shoes on", .......... put your coat on mindee says "I Yam".

The Queen
08-05-2009, 07:11 PM
Oh absolutely - one is called Princess and another called Lady, one is called Duke and another Baron.

Monkey1
08-05-2009, 07:36 PM
I am so glad I not alone:clapping:

Amen to that!

breezy
08-05-2009, 07:58 PM
I call them all trouble that way i dont get confused:blush:

in private they are screech, stinky, podge, silly,and pest!!!!!!!!!

Lady Haha
08-05-2009, 08:32 PM
my mindee is dilly and she thinks my dd is named poppet. Collectiveley(sp) the children are the tribe :)

hehe, yeh, I call my lot 'the tribe' too! I forgot until today, I also call the 15 month old 'monster':rolleyes:

jibberjitz
10-05-2009, 05:54 PM

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

tinkerbelle
10-05-2009, 06:41 PM
i have one with a colour as a surname which we changed to blue which stuck
i then have
e who is princess precious
r is rowby
his twin t tucker
their brother r is rhubarb
e is eebie jeebie
l is rommy after middle name
s is ambo